Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible quality product and support from Samsung

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 11:33 PM)
jat999
Apprentice
Options

We have a gas hob made by Samsung. In less than 6 months the decal for the burner controls are almost faded. Have tried to contact Samsung customer services on a number of occasions but they treat this issue as purely a "cosmetic" issue and therefore nothing will be done.

Sorry but this is totally unacceptable response.

Can someone please advise how I can escalate this. Otherwise I will look to return the product and demand a full refund.

A VERY angry customer

6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
can you post a picture of the faded controls? have they rubbed off or yellowed? These days the print they use on keyboards for computers either goes yellow or rubs off (where print rubs off it is actually a transfer) within the same amount of time. I believe it's to do with restrictions on chemicals they put in the paint used due to toxicity limits. Samsung probably use similar paint on the hob dials because it should be heat resistant and hard wearing even if it does yellow

It is not down to using an abrasive cleaning product either and cannot be reversed.
jat999
Apprentice
Options

Hi - See photo attached above

0 Likes
jat999
Apprentice
Options

Samsung NA75J3030AS Gas hob Faded decalsSamsung NA75J3030AS Gas hob Faded decals

Samsung NA75J3030AS Gas hob faded decals. Samsung customer services NOT interested. 😠

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Those are definitely transfers, in theory they could send you some new ones to reapply yourself and under the new fix at home laws coming in at the end of this year they may be obliged to
jat999
Apprentice
Options

Just a final update.

Finally after months of frustrations, we have reverted back to the retailer and agreed a return of the hob and a replacement but NOT another Samsung.

Interestingly other manufacturers makes have similar complaints however the model we have chosen has a glass protective screen.

Lesson learnt from this, is Samsung customer service is appalling. Unfortunately I also have two other kitchen appliances, oven and microwave,  and both of them are not anywhere as good as mainstream manufacturers.

Steer away from Samsung kitchen appliances.

0 Likes
The_Scientist
First Poster
Options

Yep, we had exactly the same issue with our Samsung Hob.  They did offer to send someone round if I paid a ridiculous amount of money but wouldn't guarantee the issue would be rectified.  We gave up, shocking quality and lack of customer care so we will be changing to a better quality hob in the near future.

0 Likes