Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tall leaking 6 year old fridge (RR35H6110SA)

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 07:59 PM)
R2323
First Poster
Options

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-14 at 19.24.36.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-14 at 19.57.53.jpegA few days ago water was found to be leaking in the fridge; I opened the panel inside the fridge, the drainage hole and surrounding area were completely frozen. I noted what looked like black rubber had melted slightly in one area from some of the metal. I defrosted all of it.

I opened the panel at the back of the fridge and found there was a blockage in the drainage pipe, this was cleared. Here I noted the compressor side was clean with no obvious problems. The other side was badly corroded; the area was completely dry and looked like it would disintegrate if any part of it was touched.

Two days on, the leak in the fridge is back. Any suggestions to stop the leak and the cause of the corrosion would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@R2323: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your refrigerator. Based on the nature of the issue I recommend reaching out to an authorised Support Centre near you, to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device. To find details of your nearest one, please check the link below, select 'Home Appliance > Refrigerator' and enter your post code. Due to the age of the appliance, this service will be chargeable, however for your peace of mind I think it's worth exploring this course of action. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

0 Likes