Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Strange clicking noise! Only 2 months old???

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 10:41 AM)
NeilRyalls
Apprentice
Options

I’ve only had this washer 2 months and it’s developed a strange click, it’s nothing in the drum as you can hear when not spinning.... also no error codes??? What’s your thoughts....

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think you are in the right place in your video...

Drain the machine, put down some dirty towels (to soak up any spillage), then unscrew the sump cover behind the square plate at the front-bottom of your machine. Pull this out, and hopefully a foreign (probably metallic) object will be lying in the tray. To be 100% sure there are no other foreign objects there, shine a torch down the drainage hole, and remove any other detritus. Once done, re-insert the sump cover, screwing it as tightly as possible, and close the outer coverplate. Try running another cycle, to see if the issue has been resolved.
0 Likes
NeilRyalls
Apprentice
Options

Hey Steven9761

Thanks for the quick response and really appreiciate the help!

So i took a look in the drain hole cover off, taking out the sump and checking with a light. Having read your response i was expecting to see a hair clip or something in there BUT it was absolutley clear?

Any other ideas? maybe its something stuck on the other side but it looks like a sealed unit?

Thanks

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think the noise starts when the water is agitated by the movement of the drum. Put something at the back of the machine that raises/tilts the machine forward, then run a cycle. Once the cycle has finished, repeat the process I suggested earlier. The agitation might push any stray object towards the sump. If that still doesn't work, get an engineer in to take a look.

Update: as another thought - have you looked in the rubber door seal, between the drum and the door? There might be something in there.
0 Likes
NeilRyalls
Apprentice
Options

ok thanks ill give it a go, sounds as its definitley a trapped foriegn object then... ill post back with the results asap.

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I just seen that you accepted my solution, Neil. Was it a stray foreign object right enough?
0 Likes
NeilRyalls
Apprentice
Options

After a little movement and a few more washes, the clicking has stopped!

i re-opened the drain hole to take a look and there was a tiny stone (definitley wasnt there before). so i removed and hey presto! its an odd design as there seems to be a plastic propeller to the rear which im certain was flicking the stone around now.

Thanks for the help!

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
At least, if you ever encounter a similar issue, you'll know how to troubleshoot it. Glad all is well now. 😊
0 Likes