Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop oven light turning off

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 08:15 PM)
Carrnivore
Apprentice
Options

We have just bought the Dual Flex oven. Not sure of the actual model.

The oven light turns off after a few minutes of use. This is to save energy. The problem is that this makes it really easy to leave the oven on by mistake once you have finished cooking. I've done it several times now in the first month of ownership.

I would like to know if anyone has found a way of overriding this energy saving feature as it's really uses more energy than it's saves at the moment.

22 REPLIES 22
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Carrnivore 

Could you send us the model code of your Dual Flex Oven please? You should be able to find this on a label at the back of the appliance.

0 Likes
Carrnivore
Apprentice
Options

Hi it's

NV75N5641RB

0 Likes
Diana R
First Poster
Options

Hi. Have the same problem so what was the sollution?

PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Carrnivore and @Diana R. As per the manual for this particular model, the lamp automatically turns off after a certain amount of time to save power. You can turn it on again by pressing the oven light button.

I'd recommend doing this just before you have finished the cooking. 

An additional energy-saving tip in the manual states "If cooking time is more than 30 minutes, the oven may be switched off 5-10 minutes before the end of the cooking time to save energy. The residual heat will complete the cooking process."

I hope that, combining these suggestions, it helps ensure that you're prompted to turn off the oven when you need to. 

Eugenedd
Student
Options

Hi, @PaulM1 

Thanks for the response. However, the question was about keeping the light on while oven is cooking. I’d also appreciate the answer to this question, as I also keep leaving my cooker on because it has no light inside resulting no in excess energy losses.

0 Likes
Jari Konttinen
Student
Options

I would like to get answer to this. It is stupid feature which only takes energy when you leave your oven on after cooking. I only know now that I have to check this feature if it exist or not next time Im buying new oven.

PaalT
Student
Options

Totally agree! This is one of the annoying pointless features of the Samsung stove, and tempts me to replace it with another brand. This, and the really annoying sound effects. 

Jari Konttinen
Student
Options

I wonder what the heck they have been thinking when they decided on "energy saving oven lamp". Nobody was thinking about the user :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Jon75
Student
Options

Anyone who knows if it is possible to get the light to stay on? (If not I will deliver the oven back to the store. A energy saving light bulb, meaning less heat in a ovn. What is the logic?)

0 Likes