Does this model not have any steam refresh only cycle?  WW90T534DAW

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @iwblue ,

this machine offers a Hygiene Steam program for:

• Cotton and linen fabric which have been in direct contact with the skin, such as underwear.
• For optimum hygiene results select a temperature of 60 °C or above.
• Steam cycles feature allergy care and bacteria elimination (sterilize).

0 Likes
Northsea
First Poster
Options

As this hygiene steam program only works at a higher temperature, I would like to be able to continue to use (as I did in my old w/machine) a germ-busting liquid/ powder eg Napisan with lower degree washes to ensure a hygienic wash.  How can I add this to a wash in this model WW90T534DAW which has autodosing?  Napisan powder which is my preferred choice has instructions that say that the powder should be added to the dispensing drawer for each wash but this won't work with the autodosing drawers surely?  Advise urgently needed.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Northsea ,

You should always use HE (High Efficiency) detergent. Every Samsung washer requires it. Using anything other than HE, even once, will cause problems with your washer, and you'll have to run several empty cycles to clean it out again.
For the next question: Powder or liquid? The cleaning performance between the two is basically the same. Powder can be a little cheaper, but harder to dissolve in cold water. Liquid can be used to pretreat stains, but it's easy to accidentally use too much. Whichever you choose, you need to include the liquid detergent insert in the detergent drawer when using liquid detergent and remove it when using powdered detergent.

0 Likes
Northsea
First Poster
Options

What is classed as a HE detergent?  Not something I've heard of nor was it mentioned in the product details when I chose the machine!  Is there a list I can access?

Thanks for the info about liquid v powder but that hasn't really helped I'm afraid....I use a liquid detergent - no idea if it is classed as a HE detergent!.  I'm asking about the additional powder/liquid that is sold to be used in low temperature washes to ensure they are hygienic on top of the normal detergent.  How can I use it in WW90T534DAW model that has auto dosing?  I am totally confused here.....

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry about that, as the previous message stated powder didn't dissolve well on cold water, so I will suggest putting this inside the drum instead that on the dispenser. Alternatively, you can put this on the autodose drawer by removing the liquid detergent insert.

In regard to the HE detergent, you can find more about this here: https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-he-laundry-detergent-do-you-need-it-2145975 

0 Likes
Northsea
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much for your time and help........ I'll have to investigate more (I'm in UK)........just wondering why there was no info about it when I was looking at the spec of the machine etc?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

It's my pleasure @Northsea , all that information is available on the washing machine manual available online on our Support page for this particular model. You can have a look at it here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/WW90T534DAW/S1/#downloads

0 Likes
Northsea
First Poster
Options

Just one problem....every time I try to access the link you gave me to the online w/machine manual I just get the message 'You do not have permission to access...."   Any ideas as I could really do with it!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Would you be able to try to open the link using a different browser or device as this is a public link that can be opened by anyone. Alternatively, you can try to access the manual by clicking on this link: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202102/20210224163749026/U-PJT_WASHER-AD_SimpleUX_WEB_... 

0 Likes