Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning Issue: WW80J5555FX/EU

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 09:27 AM)
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Wonder if anyone can help.  Have had my Ecobubble washing machine just over a year, it's doing something strange, for some reason when I try to rinse bath mats, bedding or similar it never spin dries properly.  The machine will slowly turn and not kick in the spin cycle.

These items when wet are fairly heavy so I'm sure the machine isn't underloaded.  Also the top speed spin seems to be hit or miss when washing any kid of load.  Any ideas?  Or do I need to get a repair booked?   The booklet suggests shifting the load (mid wash... and one item?) or that if there is an issue it'll give a Ub code (never seen it) so a bit lost.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Stevie_C: When washing heavy items such as bath mats, the wash time may be lengthened of the spin efficiency may be reduced. For items such as this, the recommended maximum spin cycle is 800rpm, and the load capacity should be 2.0kg or less.

It does sound like the machine is trying to distribute the weight evenly before entering the spin cycle. Does it eventually speed up, or does the cycle end? If it ends without a proper spin cycle, try pressing the Spin button for 3 seconds, then press it repeatedly until the desired spinning speed is selected, and hit start to run a Spin Only cycle. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options
Hi. Thanks for the response I will try that, ended up wringing out the bath mat and then trying again it stuck a 9min again spinning slowly different directions then after about 5 mins the spin kicked in. I think it's the weight distribution. but will try your suggestion thank you!
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
It is trying to balance the load, which bulkier items this is harder to do, and occasionally may time-out eventually.
I have this issue too when washing a single heavy item such as a duvet or dog bed, as its the only item in the wash and so there's no other item t9 counterbalance the weight for the spin.
Its best to try and open up the item if u can, spread it out in the drum (whilst paused during the spin cycle if it's struggling to balance), so it can't pile up on one side.
0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

HI ,

9 mins is last spin , so if its stuck at that point the load is unbalanced. Bath mats by design will soak up water and will become very heavy. So if they are on there own they will fall from the top to the bottom of the drum, causing the unbalance. You are better off putting more items in the drum giving the mat less room to drop.

thanks

0 Likes