Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Some of my registered products are missing

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 05:36 PM)
RichC
Apprentice
Options

I have many Samsung products on my account, all of which were registered and I used to be able to see them all. Seemingly following the site upgrade a number of them have gone missing, all under warranty, they are things like washing machines, tumble dryers, tablets. However my phones and TV are still there, anyone know how to get them back?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Robert Day
Apprentice
Options

been told by 'Hameed' in Samsung 'complaints team that they cannot find my product registrations so will not authorise a warranty repair, even though he admitted on the call that clearly I registered them as they couldn't have pictures of my products on their members site if I hadn't.  Then told he wouldn't provide his surname, that Samsung do not escalate calls to management or anywhere else and his manager 'Ian' did not talk to customers, that Samsung do not have a written complaints process and that unless I could prove I registered them there was nothing more they were prepared to do.  I was even told that it is not Samsung's responsibility to ensure that their goods are fit for purpose under UK consumer law, irrespective of their system issues and warranty situation.  I was then offered a £50 Amazon voucher to drop it, which sufficed to say I said I had absolutely no interest in.  I have submitted a GDPR / freedom of information request (twice via the website but didn't get a confirmation so also emailed dataprotection.seuk@samsung.com.  I was told last night that they record all calls so I have asked for copies of all recordings, which should be interesting given the various conflicting and ridiculous responses I have received.  That said I asked for a copy of the chat transcript from the operator some weeks back and was sent one with a lot of the more idiotic comments they made removed, so perhaps their sporadic and convenient issues with 'losing' data are more widespread than just warranties, so I will see what arrives.  I've also contacted Watchdog and suggest others do the same.  This is scandalous customer service, an attempt to evade their legal responsibilities and a serious data management issue.

Annette54
First Poster
Options

All my products have also gone missing. When i originally registered it was primarily to obtain an extended warranty deal that was in place at the time - so by these documents I have proof of the original registration. I still have no way of getting my account "put right" though....

MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

Same here... my microwave has failed today, after 25 months. It was covered by a 3 year warranty. It was registered on my Samsung account after purchase but is not currently listed. After 45 minutes troubleshooting with an agent I was told it was out of warranty.

I am missing all my registered kitchen products. The £300 microwave, the fridge/freezer, the oven, the washer/dryer. Only listing devices that login, phones, watches, tv's.

All have been registered with 3/5 year warranties. How can these just vanish from your system? How can customer data just vanish, critical data such as warranty info? And how is it for the loyal Samsung customer to then have to jump through hoops to try and get the service that was promised at time of purchase.

Frustrated5
Apprentice
Options

Hello did you have any success with this? My products are also not showing as being registered.

Members_7nEg1Hz
Apprentice
Options

Yes . I have exactly the same issue

Members_7nEg1Hz
Apprentice
Options

Yes . I have exactly the same issue. Just submitted a GDPR request to samsung

0 Likes
Members_7nEg1Hz
Apprentice
Options

I’ll await my GDPR request 

0 Likes
MAMMc
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue- registered washing machine no longer in my account. I only signed up to register it. Soon after I bought it I called customer service for support - laughable - she started reading passages from the manual to me - I knew more about the product than she did. May as well have asked someone in the street. It's a shame as they have good products but this has put me off spending over £1.500 on a fridge with them. Doesn't even look like they monitor this forum. 

0 Likes