Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socks getting stuck in rubber seal

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 09:26 PM)
Jopatel
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung WW90J5456 washing machine. Since we have purchased the washing machine socks keep getting stuck in the rubber seal. We have ignored it until now as a few days ago we found a sock trapped in the filter and found pieces of the sock in the drum after the cycle had finished. 

Is anyone having this issue and is this a known fault with the Samusng WW90J5456 washing machine?

42 REPLIES 42
Steve114
First Poster
Options

Did you get an outcome? Would be interested to hear what happened as I have the same issue. Washer bought from AO outlet and they are not interested in the slightest

0 Likes
NikkiStewart
First Poster
Options

I eventually purchased the lingerie laundering bags as directed. They do work, but I wish I'd known of this issue prior to purchasing, if only to manage my expectations... Strangely enough, the mesh bags proved to be a godsend, as I use them to launder my facemasks.

0 Likes
Jopatel
Apprentice
Options
No. I just use the laundry mesh bags.
0 Likes
Steve114
First Poster
Options

Managed to persuade AO to swap the Samsung Ecobubble for a Bosch Series 6. Shame as I liked the Samsung other than this issue. Hopefully the Bosch is just as good but without this problem.

0 Likes
Jopatel
Apprentice
Options
How did you manage that? Its annoying having to keep putting all the little items in the mesh bags. Its only the kids socks mostly thank god otherwise I would need a few mesh bags in 1 wash.
0 Likes
sa800
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm having issues with socks getting stuck in the drain pipe (at the front of the machine). It's happening more and more frequently. Seems like a design flaw. I have a WW90K7615OX and I'm getting sick of the machine stopping with a 5C error code as the pipes get blocked with a sock, and they are not even small socks. After draining we manage to pull out the sock and it's really difficult! I have read some comments on this post, I thought it was just us. Why should we mess about with a mesh bag - I've got much more important things to do. I will call Samsung and see what they say.

I know your post was a while ago, but did you get your machine sorted please? Thanks,

0 Likes
Members_vxgoejQ
First Poster
Options

Same thing is happening with our machine. Socks and smaller items consistently getting stuck in the rubber seal, coming out soaking wet and not clean.

Looks like lots of others are having the same issue.

Our machine is also not cleaning our clothes nearly as well as our previous cheap Beko.

We are very disappointed. Currently running a few tests with samsung support and they might send out an engineer. what a joke for a £500 machine

0 Likes
Members_vxgoejQ
First Poster
Options

how is that link useful?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

was getting this , stuff getting caught in the door gasket. My solution although it will sound drastic to a lot of you , is that because the washing machines these days use very little water I hacked the water level switched under the lid to put more water into the drum, I know have the water level to the bottom of the glass door bowl even at quick wash and 4kg max and now the washing gets suspended and no longer does socks and underwear get caught in the door gasket and get cleaned as normal now (actually better wash and rinse because more water is used in the wash and rinse cycles now even in quick wash) yes it throughs the time out on the display a small bit but that does not bother me , i would rather have more water in the drum like the old washing machines 

plum117
Apprentice
Options

First time I used it, I had the exact same problem. 2 time of 3 now socks was stuck in the rubber. Before that I had LG machine for 15 years, and never a single item getting stuck there.

0 Likes