Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socks getting stuck in rubber seal

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 10:47 PM)
Jopatel
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung WW90J5456 washing machine. Since we have purchased the washing machine socks keep getting stuck in the rubber seal. We have ignored it until now as a few days ago we found a sock trapped in the filter and found pieces of the sock in the drum after the cycle had finished. 

Is anyone having this issue and is this a known fault with the Samusng WW90J5456 washing machine?

42 REPLIES 42
Chasmanp
First Poster
Options

Brand new WW90TA046AE/EU and for the first and second wash socks getting stuck between seal and the door. Surely, for all the technology in this machine it appears the one thing not included (mesh bag) is the only solution. Can't say it's a great start and I'm actually lamenting the demise of the 12 year old Hotpoint

0 Likes
Malteaser_88
First Poster
Options

I have this exact issue. Socks, colour catcher sheets, whitening pouches or liquitabs all get caught in the door. Useless! 😫

jstanik
First Poster
Options

I have very same issue with brand new WW90T534DAX/S7. Kids socks are stucked in rubber ring. It was the first washing cycle, the washer was almost empty. If the problem persists I will return the washer back to the shop. 

0 Likes
MrEdge
Student
Options

Hi,
I bought a SAMSUNG - ecobubble WW80TA046TH/EU 8 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine and the same thing has happened with my machine regarding socks getting stuck between the glass and rubber seal. Sooooo .... I decided to wash a pair of socks on their own i.e. no other laundry items and guess what ? .......
both socks got stuck between the glass and rubber seal. Whoever put their name to signing off the design needs firing. 40 years of purchasing washing machines and this is the first time this has happened. Poor design in my books ... BTW Samsung ... what are you doing about this as I didn't think that paying £400 for a washing machine I would not be able to wash socks in it.

Smallgeezer
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. It is clearly a design fault that Samsung will not acknowledge. These machines are not cheap. Any suggestions as to what we could do next?

Timchambers82
First Poster
Options

I have a month old Samsung WW90TA046AX_GH in our new house & as we have a toddler, this is an absolutely INFURIATING design flaw & it happens EVERY wash.  When will Samsung provide a response to this?  If I'm honest, I'd like my money back & I'll with another brand.

Can anyone help?!

0 Likes
Smallgeezer
Apprentice
Options

You are wasting your time. Samsung are completely disinterested in this.  I have tried. It is absolutely a design fault. You need to use a mesh bag for socks and small items. I’ll never buy another Samsung appli ce. 

0 Likes
Timchambers82
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I spent a long time on online chat with the Samsung team & they have agreed to send an engineer to the house to see it in person.  Let's see, I'll report back to the forum

0 Likes
MrEdge
Student
Options

Keep us posted on the outcome. I contacted BBC Watchdog months ago and never heard anything back from them. I am contemplating setting up my GoPro to record a series of washing and listing what items are loaded for each wash, then bombard Samsung with the footage of the stuck socks (no pun was intended).

Smallgeezer
Apprentice
Options

That’s great. They treated me like an ***** when I complained. 

0 Likes