Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socks getting stuck in rubber seal

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 07:01 PM)
Jopatel
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung WW90J5456 washing machine. Since we have purchased the washing machine socks keep getting stuck in the rubber seal. We have ignored it until now as a few days ago we found a sock trapped in the filter and found pieces of the sock in the drum after the cycle had finished. 

Is anyone having this issue and is this a known fault with the Samusng WW90J5456 washing machine?

42 REPLIES 42
NikkiStewart
First Poster
Options
Today was the first day I looked up this issue. I'll just use the delicates mesh bag we already have.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

In this case, I would suggest monitoring this to see if this continues happening. If it does, please contact us back here.

0 Likes
NikkiStewart
First Poster
Options

Is that divot supposed to be at the bottom of the gasket?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This appears to be the form of the seal @NikkiStewart. Did the sock get trap during the washing or once that this finished? 

0 Likes
NikkiStewart
First Poster
Options
I honestly don't know. I noticed a sock was missing when I unloaded the washer, so I retraced my steps to make sure it had gotten into the washer at all. Reaching into that gasket was actually the last resort, and voila, it was there, lodged a couple inches inside the gasket. It wasn't even a really small sock.
0 Likes
Patric101
First Poster
Options

Just got this machine yesterday (in Ireland from Currys). Two washings in and socks suck by the door on both washes.   For me , the socks get trapped during the washing. 

@Jopatel wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung WW90J5456 washing machine. Since we have purchased the washing machine socks keep getting stuck in the rubber seal. We have ignored it until now as a few days ago we found a sock trapped in the filter and found pieces of the sock in the drum after the cycle had finished. 

Is anyone having this issue and is this a known fault with the Samusng WW90J5456 washing machine?

0 Likes
odebito
Student
Options

This is happening to me also, whats samsung saying about it ? 

0 Likes
odebito
Student
Options

seems to be a growing issue, if we need to use mesh bags then maybe samsung should be providing them 

Stef247
First Poster
Options

I bought my Samsung washing machine in March and I've the same problem with socks getting stuck in the seal.  Does anyone also have the problem of the liquid tab getting stuck in the seal as well and that leaves a mess.   I've now switched to powder tabs but they're not dissolving in the drawer.  Really not happy with my machine!

72redux
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same problem of small socks getting stuck in the rubber gasket.  I don’t see any possible fixes other than to use a mesh bag like someone else suggested?  Disappointing for sure.  

0 Likes