Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smelly washer dryer

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 08:11 AM)
VikkiWood
Student
Options

I have a new Ecobubble washer dryer but if we leave clothes in it for a few hours they stink! I know wet clothes start to smell but usually after a long time. This one they smell after a couple of hours and I'm struggling to keep on top of it. I put a load on at 10pm last night and at 8am this morning they smell herrendous and will need washing again. Is this normal with these machines? It's new and I have washed it with a washing machine thing and run it on 90degree washes on its own but it's still an issue. Never had this before with a machine. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@VikkiWood: I feel like, even on one of the longer cycles, your clothes would still be left damp in the drum for a number of hours, which would explain why they don't smell fresh in the morning. As a troubleshooting step can you try removing the washing at the end of the cycle to see if the problem is still present, or reducing the size of the load?

0 Likes
VikkiWood
Student
Options
I appreciate it will smell if left but usually after a day or 2, not in such a short space of time. I have never had this with a machine before.
0 Likes