Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart washing machine and dryer. "Remaining Laundry Alarm" reset after every wash

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 04:20 AM)
Chadles
Student
Options

I bought a Samsung smart washer and dryer only to discover how clunky the UX has been. The only real feature is a reminder to go get the washing out until the door is opened. 

It seems this is possible with turning the machine on, enabling smart control, then going into the app and setting remaining Laundry alarm to on.

Unfortunately with every load the smart control setting is turned off by default and the remaining Laundry function defaults to off.

Ideally both of these setting should be defaulted to on. Just turn the machine on press play and your done.

Anyone found a way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Members_JbbnAj9
Student
Options

Facing the same issue, should be selected by default

mcwoodle
First Poster
Options

Also same issue. It makes the feature next to useless for me too, because if you forget to do it, the machine shuts off after the cycle is finished and then you can't even check the status on the app - I'm forced to go down and physically check if myself, or someone else, left laundry in the machine in the basement.

The smart controls are already a gimmick and not practical, when I found this one for reminders, I thought this would be their saving grace. Very sadly, no.

Fingers crossed someone from Samsung product teams reads these. It should be a simple change to make that's purely app-side in-a-pinch. Firmware update on the washer/dryer so that it applies the settings even without a phone connected or pressing smart things would be a nice bonus.

Thanks!

katharsys
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue and am very dissatisfied with it being known and not addressed. 

Vshved
First Poster
Options

Totally agree, it should be turned on by default, as well as control from application should be always available, there is no point in turning it off each time.

Chadles
Student
Options

Is there a way to get this escalated to the Samsung dev team / product manager?