Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Control cannot find WiFi

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 07:50 PM)
ArthurT
Student
Options

Hello Community!

The Smart control part of the washing machine is not working. It cannot find any SSID's (networks).

The first time when I tried to connect to the washing machine it saw the networks, but I had to find the WiFi password, so it aborted the connection. When I tried to reconnect to the washing machine since then It cannot find any SSID's anymore. See the attached youtube link to a video for the steps that are performed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDKK3n2sJs 

We allready tried the following things:
* Calibration with Temp + uitgesteld einde buttons

* Plug out of socket for +12 hours

* WiFi next to the washing machine

*Other phone (iPad, Android tablet)

Anyone maybe knows any other options to repair this? The video really shows the issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
Hello, @ArthurT. Please can you confirm the model number of your washing machine, found on a sticker on the inside of the door or drum, and I will look into this for you.
0 Likes
ArthurT
Student
Options

Hello AndrewL,

Thanks!

The model number is: WW90M76NN2A/EN

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Thank you, @ArthurT. Are you using SmartThings or Samsung Smart Home in your attempt to establish the connection?
0 Likes
ArthurT
Student
Options
I'm using SmartThings
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
No problem. Smart Things may require an update, therefore please go to the Google Play Store > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > My Apps & Games > All > Smart Things, and look to see if there is an update prompt. If the problem persists then I recommend reaching out to our Smart Things Support Team via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb
0 Likes
ArthurT
Student
Options
They do not provide support to EU, only to UK 😞
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Where are you currently based, @ArthurT? I will check to see if there is a support team in your region who can look into his for you.
0 Likes
J4Juhin
First Poster
Options

Similar issue for me. No answers. 

0 Likes
ArthurT
Student
Options

Yes and very bad service. They don't provide any support at all. They don't take any effort and only follow their procedures which are not client friendly. I regret buying Samsung already. I will not encourage other people to buy samsung items, they have to put their stuff together...

0 Likes