Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Air Conditioner app not working on iOS 15 (AR24HSSDBWKN)?

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 02:16 PM)
Dvier
Student
Options

I've recently upgraded towards iOS15 and it seems the Smart Air Conditioner app isn't compatible.  Had no issues before but after the switch towards iOS 15 I'm not able to login or reconnect to my aircon.  During login (the in-home option) or when trying to reconnect the airco via network settings the app just crashes.

I've a AR24HSSDBWKN which isn't supported by the newer SmartThings app so the only app I can use to connect to the device is the Smart Air Conditioner app.  (tried the SmartThings app anyway but the device just isn't found when trying to connect)

I also have an iOS14 device which has no issues connecting to this airco (app isn't crashing after login) and still works perfectly.

Do they still support this smart air conditioner app?  Or anybody any other suggestions how to connect to it using iOS15?

26 REPLIES 26
Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

Maybe time to join forces - to request some compensation?

Langtidsholdbar
First Poster
Options

I talked to Samsung Denmark around 4 weeks ago. They said that the problem that Apple had been unusually slow to accept Samsungs updated software, due to new more strict conditions concerning security protocols. So when Apple accepts the upgrade everything will back to normal. LOL!!

0 Likes
Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

“On average, 50% of apps are reviewed in 24 hours and over 90% are reviewed in 48 hours. If your submission is incomplete, review times may be further delayed or your app may be rejected. Once your app has been reviewed, its status will be updated and you will be notified.”

0 Likes
MZ22
Apprentice
Options

The response I received from Samsung was "The app seems to be not compatible with your current IOS version which is beyond our control as it’s a non-Samsung device." And when I requested a refund for the Wi-Fi kit they said "The Wi-Fi kit is also an add on accessories and not included in the package."

0 Likes
Options

It's a shame, same happened with my premium grade Samsung TV also, never going to buy any  more Samsung product in the future...

0 Likes
KurtHardie
First Poster
Options

According to the Samsung support page (https://www.samsung.com/au/support/home-appliances/using-smart-air-conditioner-app/) the Smart Air Conditioner App will be scrapped and not work any longer from 1 Oct 2022.  
I have four "Triangle" units with WiFi, all 7-8 years old and this means they will not be WiFi controllable any longer (the new aircons use the SmartThings app, but the older units are not compatible with this). 
Isn't there a certain timeframe how long manufacturers have to keep supporting their stuff according to Australian Consumer Laws?

0 Likes
Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

Best option is to NEVER buy anything Samsung again. There is many other brands with much better support out there.

KurtHardie
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately this advice does not help much for owners of existing Samsung A/C's  😕

0 Likes
MZ22
Apprentice
Options

I found a solution after many phone calls and emails to Samsung. You need to upgrade your wifi kit. My wifi kit was MIM-H02 which became incompatible. I now have a MIM-H04 which works.

Cosminpic
First Poster
Options

Hello, how did you upgrade the wifi kit? thanks in advance

0 Likes