Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Air Conditioner app not working on iOS 15 (AR24HSSDBWKN)?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 09:10 AM)
Dvier
Student
Options

I've recently upgraded towards iOS15 and it seems the Smart Air Conditioner app isn't compatible.  Had no issues before but after the switch towards iOS 15 I'm not able to login or reconnect to my aircon.  During login (the in-home option) or when trying to reconnect the airco via network settings the app just crashes.

I've a AR24HSSDBWKN which isn't supported by the newer SmartThings app so the only app I can use to connect to the device is the Smart Air Conditioner app.  (tried the SmartThings app anyway but the device just isn't found when trying to connect)

I also have an iOS14 device which has no issues connecting to this airco (app isn't crashing after login) and still works perfectly.

Do they still support this smart air conditioner app?  Or anybody any other suggestions how to connect to it using iOS15?

26 REPLIES 26
Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

I have same problem after upgrading to ios 15. No response from samsung support.

Langtidsholdbar
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Our A/C is in our summer house, which is rented out during winter as well and since winter here in Denmark is below 0 degrees Celsius, we are dependent on adjusting the temperature to prevent frost from damaging the water installation, but… Samsung doesn’t give two s**ts about the current software issues and therefore it’s customers. That is all i can conclude! I contacted support who said”an update should be right around the corner”. That is months ago now. You would think that one of the worlds largest electronics companies would be able to fix this bug with ease - and I’m sure they are - they just won’t for some reason. They choose to be an embarrassment to their customers instead, having obliterated their integrity and showing complete lack of respect and understanding. Show some ***** respect for your customers, you careless *****! No pride, no honor.

0 Likes
Widgety
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting! I have the same issue - works on older devices but not on ios15. Couldn’t figure out how to raise a bug query. Really need this to be fixed!

0 Likes
frama1267
Apprentice
Options

is possible to have answer from samsung?

Langtidsholdbar
First Poster
Options

I wouldn’t count on it. If they do, they would be accountable to solve the issue and since the people working at their hotline knows as much as my neighbor about this, there is no where else to go. Try and give them a call - just for shits and giggles - and hear their response to the issue. If you do, please come back to this post and update :).

0 Likes
frama1267
Apprentice
Options

they should come up with an update for the iPhone app. but its hard to believe they will come any time sooner...

0 Likes
Dvier
Student
Options

iOS 15 has been released nearly 4 months ago and they still didn't solve the issue so I wouldn't count on it but we can hope for a miracle.

If it would take 4 months to do things on my job I would have been fired long time ago but apparently the Samsung iOS dev's can afford it.  Hell I would like to work there, no pressure whatsoever!

I just don't understand why there's no support for this specific type of airco on for instance their newer SmartThings app, most of the other (older) airco's are supported.  

Like Langtidsholdbar one of the reasons I bought this device was the remote connect ability.  If I knew it would only last a few years, I would have chosen a different brand!

Given the experience I've had with Samsung, I won't be buying anything of this brand anymore.

0 Likes
MZ22
Apprentice
Options

When I called them about this issue they could not give me a time frame when the issue would be resolved so I emailed wg.voc@samsung.com

saying the following: 

Your Smart Air Conditioner app no longer works on my iphone. 
When I upgraded to iOS15 it stopped working.  
I'm not able to connect to my aircon.   
When I use the app it just keeps crashing.  
Please provide a solution or provide a refund for the cost of the wi-fi kit.  
Please have your Australian office call me on mobile 
0 Likes
frama1267
Apprentice
Options

i have an email from Samsung Hungary saying:

Referring to the previous chat conversation, we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your case to our dedicated technical department, for further investigation. Based on their response, we would like to inform you, that the Smart Air Conditioner app is no longer supported and there are no development operation for newer operating systems.

In case of any further assistance needed, we are at your disposal. Please be informed that a client registration number has been allocated for you, as follows: 2912638846. Please do not hesitate to use it anytime you contact us.

Best regards,
Samsung Customer Service (Hungary)

0 Likes