Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slim Fry Instructions, Recipies - any info at all? SAMSUNG MC32J7055CT/EU

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 05:07 PM)
Bignose2
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

In the UK & just got the SAMSUNG MC32J7055CT/EU including slim fry function.

I was going to get an Air Fryer & basic microwave but saw this model & though nice to be able to do both in one unit.

I know its not specifically called an air fryer but does imply pretty much the same or quite close.

There are little to no useful instructions. The pre-set numbers & sub number thingy is OK but very basic.

There are no recipes or videos or even an App (The US seems to have an App but not UK!!??)

I says it uses a combination of microwave, fan & grill. Surely it should not use the mw. Its should be super hot air flow to really cook & crisp whatever it is but secondly there is no way of knowing what auto number uses what.

I would have liked to have a manual setting, 300 degrees for 5 minutes. it's just all auto, crazy.

Bad exampled but thought, lets cook a pasty, not way to know what auto to use. would have preferred, guess 15 minutes & 250 degress but seems not way to do it.

Is there any more info out there?

Must say I really wish I had bought a seperate air fryer/mw now

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Bignose2: I'm sorry to hear that the Slim Fry feature isn't meeting your expectations. For further guidance, please refer to pages 14-16 of the user manual by following the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201803/20180328164919526/MC32J7055CT_EU_DE68-04319E-01...

0 Likes
Bignose2
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I do have the manual, its as I say rather minimal

I wanted to do things like Ribs, Lamb chops & pork chops.

I would rather guess at the time & temperature than trying to guess are they similar to chicken legs or wings or some something else.

Also would have been handy to have the times in the book, actually setting it going to get the timer is not ideal.

There is an App not available in the UK, why is that. I did read that most reviews did say it was pretty useless but better than nothing

Also I think rather important to know what programs used the microwave if trying to cook something difference to the listed items.

I take it there is no way to manually set a time & temp for the slim fry?

Members_AFQRKF0
Student
Options

Hi,

Wondered if you ever found any better instructions/tips for the slim fry? Had mine a year and never use the slim fry function for the same reasons as you.

NYCBrat
First Poster
Options

I agree. I bought this model for the same reasons you did. What a waste. The USA model features auto settings for frozen foods like chicken nuggets, French fries, wings, mozzarella sticks, etc — that’s great if you like filling yourself (and your family) with heavily processed foods and loads of un-pronouncable additives and Lord knows what. For the rest of who want to prepare whole foods of our own choosing (not what Costco sells in bulk), there is no protocol for getting that done. Setting time & temp for Air Fry (aka Slim Fry) is essential AND a guideline to go with it. EPIC SAMSUNG FAIL. Buy a different brand!

0 Likes