Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping list disappeared on fridge family hub

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 07:41 PM)
SamJ007
First Poster
Options

We have recently purchased a Samsung smart fridge freezer. I had created a large shopping list & added lots of favourite recipes, but today they are all empty, as well as all the food expiry dates . I was adding to them only last night & now they have all gone. Very frustrating & annoying. Any ideas please

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@SamJ007: Please can you confirm the model number of your fridge freezer? In the meantime, please take a look at the useful links below to find out more about creating shopping lists via the Samsung Family Hub panel. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086664/

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-do-i-create-a-shopping-list-on-the-samsung-fa...

0 Likes
Wellers
Journeyman
Options

@SamJ007, you're right it is annoying. And, with the best will in the world, @AndrewL I know you're trying to help and you have to be across many problems but really, frustration isn't helped by what is an almost entirely unhelpful first reply. It's obvious from Sam's query that this is not a problem with creating the lists in the first place but a bug.

And it is a bug that happens to us sporadically, including earlier today.

The very good news though is that all is not lost but you've got a couple of things going on here:

First to fix the fridge knowing about everything else you need to open the SmartThings app on your phone, then go to Life, then go to Smart Cooking. When you do that you'll get a lot of requests to renew the Samsung account permissions and the Whisk relationship. After you've done that everything will be restored.

Second to get your shopping list back, go into the empty shopping list on the fridge, then you've got the option to view the list of lists. And I hope that in there your old list will still be found. You'll have a huge number of empty lists (no idea what generates them but at least on our fridge they're forever being generated).

Good luck @SamJ007, I'm personally a huge fan of the fridge freezer as a fridge freezer and the tech side has excellent promise but, after 6 months of owning it there are some frustrating things about the product and its user interface that could really do with an overhaul. I'm hoping that in the bowels of Samsung there is a properly empowered product team that is able to keep iterating the software because it does need it.

LAD_MX
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you manage to keep the list of food expiry dates? I have a couple of weeks with mine and twice have disappear the list.. and that list and keeping track of the expiration date was one of the main reasons to buy this

0 Likes
Wellers
Journeyman
Options

Haven't had this issue myself - sometimes everything disappears but then the fix I mentioned in my previous message clears it up. Haven't had to do it in a while so it's possible the recent update has fixed whatever was the underlying issue here. 

Sorry not to be more help - good luck!

0 Likes
SATK
First Poster
Options

I tried what you suggested after all my shopping lists disappeared today. I don’t have anything in Life that says Smart Cooking - it just says Cooking. It can’t be added, either. I’m connected to Whisk. It did ask me to sign back in when I went to look at the shopping list on my phone, but nothing was restored.

if you have any other suggestions, I’ll take them!

0 Likes
Wellers
Journeyman
Options

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. 

It's clearly quite buggy, not that that's much consolation. I think they've changed the language since I posted so the journey is now SmartThings > Life > Cooking > Trolley icon > dot menu > view all lists. Can't guarantee it will restore things that get lost but I haven't lost anything in a while myself. 

0 Likes