Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 5 WW90TA046AE/EU ecobubble™ Washing Machine

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 11:05 PM)
SB111
First Poster
Options

I brought my washing machine a couple of weeks ago, my first wash was bedding a a small bathmat, when the wash got to 20 minutes left it would not continue, so I took out the bathmat and the wash completed. I put the bathmat back in on it's own to spin it because it was really wet, but spin would not work!!! I had to put the bathmat outside and it took three days to dry! I am fuming because I had the same problem with a Hotpoint machine, I really thought the Samsung machine would be able to manage a small bathmat but it can't!! I just want a machine that will work properly! It seems these digital/sensor machine do not work in the same way like a standard machine like I used to have, this machine is going back and I would rather not have a machine with a sensor that doesn't' work properly!! 😞

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

Hi ,

Bath Mats by design soak up water , if they go in on their own they will be flung around the drum, and it wont be balanced if it spins like it could well damage its self. Your best bet is to fill the drum with more items and set it at a lower spin speed. 

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

but on the other hand you would not want a washing machine to go into a spin mode unbalanced either. its drum would be bashing and banging around inside the machine and as well as putting strain on the components such as the drum's shock absorbers and grey door gasket and all other components it will just shorting the life of your washing machine and you would not like that either. 

the WW90T is a 9Kg capacity washing machine - the small bathmat was way too small to have in the drum without adding bits to it like other garments of different shape /weight and the bedding and the bathmat maybe was too much of a weight to go into a  spin properly - 

the WW90T sensors to tell the machine to go into a spin or not , will be the same type of sensors that are on all washing machines in the last 10 years and will still be in all the machines these days . - otherwise the other makes will go into a spin on unbalanced mode and then the washing machine will be wrecked in no time at all keep going into unbalanced spins all the time. 

0 Likes
SB111
First Poster
Options

If you had read my complaint, I had put the mat in with other items! I used to have a washing machine without the senor in it and I had no problem with the spin for the bathmat! From the reviews I have read on here, it seems lots of people have problems with the spin!

0 Likes
SB111
First Poster
Options

I used to have a cheap (£150 washing machine) without the senor nonsense and I never had a problem with the spin for the bathmat, with and without other garments!!! These senor machine are over sensitive and I just can't be asked adding items to balance my washing out!!! Lol

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@SB111 wrote:

If you had read my complaint, I had put the mat in with other items! I used to have a washing machine without the senor in it and I had no problem with the spin for the bathmat! From the reviews I have read on here, it seems lots of people have problems with the spin!

what sensors has your model got on it? - it does not seem to have Auto-Dose feature on your model , so it cannot have a sensor to 'weigh' your washing in the drum before running the cycle - its not a top range Samsung washing machine so it wont have a dirt/turbidity sensor - so the only 'sensor' you mention that I can only think about you mentioning is a sensor that senses if the Drum items/laundry is unbalanced and tell the electronics not to go into spin - but all washing machines for years have had this sensor not to go into a spin if the drum is going to bounce around and cause damage. 

Yours is a 9kg washing machine , it may be true that years ago that 5kg-7kg were better at spinning or going into a spin because its a smaller drum , but they still would have had a sensor on the motor to stop it going into a spin if it was badly unbalanced. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@SB111 wrote:

I used to have a cheap (£150 washing machine) without the senor nonsense and I never had a problem with the spin for the bathmat, with and without other garments!!! These senor machine are over sensitive and I just can't be asked adding items to balance my washing out!!! Lol

yes but was your cheap 150 quid washing machine a 9kG model though i doubt it very much - it would still have the same sensor on it to not spin it in unbalanced mode , but a bath mat on its own in a smaller drum say 5 or 6kg drum might of been fine to go into spin... but not 1 bath mat in a 9Kg drum ... you more than likely have to add more items to help it go into spin mode . 

I will agree though that some are overly cautious when it comes to spinning especially the newer models these days (so the machine does not get wrecked when spinning by shaking and vibrating and to keep spinning noise to the most silent spin as possible) 
But seeing as a lot of machines these days are going to be around 9kg/10kg what you buy these days I think if you want smaller capacity drum and (possibly) more of a chance of going into spin (especially with 1 item in the drum) then you are going to have to buy second-hand 5 or 6kg washing machine. ... or experiment with your 9kg samsung by adding more items if only one item in a drum or taking away item if too much in the drum , and or selecting a spin cycle at 800rpm or even 400rpm to see if it will go into spin mode OK. 
There is nothing else really I can think of to suggest at the moment.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Saying all that though, we have recently purchased a WW90T534DAW washing machine and it does faff about sometimes (not every time) in between rinses before it goes into a spin in the rinse cycle , and then sometimes it will stop around 9 minutes when it is in spin cycle I have noticed , putting extra time on a wash cycle. and that is us loading the machine correctly . 
It can faff about for 5-10mins deciding 'will I go into a spin mode' and not redistribute the clothes but STILL decide to spin , even if that means drum banging a few times inside the washing machine cabinet... and your like " God if you were gonna spin anyway why didnt you decide to do that 10 minutes ago instead of mucking about thinking whether to spin or not and save us all time!"

0 Likes
SB111
First Poster
Options

I did put the bathroom mat in with other items, it still wouldn't spin, when I took the mat out the rest of my washing was able to spin! I really don't like these stupid senor machine, I just want a machine that will spin my stuff. I never had a problem with a machine without a senor in it!!!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@SB111 wrote:

I did put the bathroom mat in with other items, it still wouldn't spin, when I took the mat out the rest of my washing was able to spin! I really don't like these stupid senor machine, I just want a machine that will spin my stuff. I never had a problem with a machine without a senor in it!!!

but all new washing machines these days will have an 'unbalanced' spin sensor in them these days and wont go into a spin if it deems the drum is unbalanced or too full or too empty and  going to bang from side to side as its spinning . so really you haven't got the choice . Of course tolerances on some washing machines will be better than others and less sensitive and spin unbalanced where others wont but it will be a lot of trial and error and reading a load of reviews on different makes to see which makes/models are best at going into a spin. 
I did read once that someone's brand new BEKO washing machine was very good at going into a spin and 'not faffing about like their previous machine' but I could not tell you what model it was.

0 Likes