Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung WW90T534DAN can't control my washing machine through SmartThings

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 08:08 PM)
francescolbn
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, I bought a Samsung washing machine and tumble dryer which support google assistant voice control through SmartThings, but the problem is that I cannot start pause or stop through my SmartThings!

I added SmartThings account  to my Google Home app by setting up a new device and selecting "Woks with Google".

The problem I have now is that both my washing machine WW90T534DAN and my tumble dryer DV90T5240AN are being displayed in the list of smart devices  but the only voice command action I can use is to check the status or to ask Google if the appliances are still running and how long is left until the current cycle is finished.

When I say "Hey Google pause washing machine", Google comes back with the sentence "The washing machine is in Safety Shut-Off mode, so it'll have to be adjusted by hand."

What does that mean and how can I disable this safety shut-off mode?

13 REPLIES 13
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options

Child lock is activated it automatically powers off the machine. ... This is a safety feature that ensures that a child cannot tamper with the wash at any stage, even when it has finished
0 Likes
Marlyashtin
First Poster
Options

No its not a child safety lock. Theres another festure that says to hold down two buttoms for that and then a lock light shows up on the screen. I'm actually having the same issue of not being able to command it on google home. Did u ever figure this out? I get the same response on google home and I cant figure out how to shut it off so i CAN command it on my google Assistant 

Ben Cabril
First Poster
Options

Hi just want to know if anyone got an update on this or if anyone found a way to get this to work?

Spawnga
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. No one that has replied has provided any real solutions.

0 Likes
HylianKnight93
First Poster
Options

Make sure the "smart control" button on your washer and dryer is on and active, then you will be able to use Google assistant with them.

Angelique11
Apprentice
Options

@HylianKnight93 This works!! I thought when I turned on 'always connected' it would be the same thing, just tried this and it said 'smart control is on'

Stigert
Explorer
Options

Care to share how?? I mean, we've all been trying to solve this weird problem for years now

0 Likes
Stigert
Explorer
Options

Can't delete this post

0 Likes
Stigert
Explorer
Options

After decrypting all the half assed answers here, I have finally figured this out.

For safety reasons, you can't remotely control your washer / dryer unless you have manually enabled "Smart Control" with a button on the machine itself, which looks like a phone with lines above. This will lock the door until it is disabled with the same button, so you will have to plan the remote controlling in advance before leaving your home, every time.