Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WW70k5210UX stuck on 9 minutes on spin program

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 06:45 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

My washing machine is stuck on 9 minutes on the spin program. I cleared the filter and cleared the drum. The clear drum washing cycle worked fine with 400 spin. Do you maybe know what can be the issue? 

Edit: I did recalibration and it works when is empty. It gets stuck when I put one towel inside. 

Go to solution
45 REPLIES 45
robert1701
Journeyman
Options

In my case, An uneven load wasn't the problem. I had the fault with every kind of load. I even places brand new shock absobers and this didn't help. The old ones were not warn either.

But... somewhere on the internet I found another explanation for this fault. It stated that this is a known issue with this type of washing machine. It turned out that due to the vibrations, the solders of a certain component came loose. when spinning and vibrating, the connection didn't connect anymore and the program haltes.

Since soldering with lead holding solder is forbidden, there are lots of these problems. The soldered connections aren't as strong anymore.

I wanted to solder all the connections again and I bought small silent blocks to hang the pcb casting with.

I wasn't able to test this theory. Because I already bought a new washing machine, I temporarily did place the Samsung in the bicycle storage of the appartement building to work on later. And although the bicycle storage room was always locked, my defective Samsung washing machine was stolen a few weeks later. 

robert1701
Journeyman
Options

Update:

In my case, An uneven load wasn't the problem. I had the fault with every kind of load. I even places brand new shock absobers and this didn't help. The old ones were not warn either.

But... somewhere on the internet I found another explanation for this fault. It stated that this is a known issue with this type of washing machine. It turned out that due to the vibrations, the solders of a certain component came loose. when spinning and vibrating, the connection didn't connect anymore and the program haltes.

Since soldering with lead holding solder is forbidden, there are lots of these problems. The soldered connections aren't as strong anymore.

I wanted to solder all the connections again and I bought small silent blocks to hang the pcb casting with.

I wasn't able to test this theory. Because I already bought a new washing machine, I temporarily did place the Samsung in the bicycle storage of the appartement building to work on later. And although the bicycle storage room was always locked, my defective Samsung washing machine was stolen a few weeks later.

0 Likes
TheGman35
Student
Options

My machine is the WiFi add wash it’s not even a year old but luckily reading thru these I was able to conclude it was an uneven load and I was able to fix it. I’m glad it wasn’t as bad as you had it. 
thanks for your reply. 

0 Likes
maryfaraz
Apprentice
Options

hi @robert1701 , 

have you resolved the issue with your Samsung machine?  mine is exactly like yours and its frustrating. can you send me the link of the solution that you found and never tested> 

ii really appreciate it

0 Likes
maryfaraz
Apprentice
Options

hi @smitchyboy70 

have you resolved the issue with your Samsung machine?  mine is exactly like yours and its frustrating. i dont have the extended warranty, could you find the PCB on the market? 

0 Likes
maryfaraz
Apprentice
Options

@Anonymous User 

thats exactly like mine, have you got your samsung washing machine fixed? if yes pls let me know how?

0 Likes
jesslau
Apprentice
Options

You're right same issue here. Only mode that works now is the dryer and the eco drum clean.

0 Likes
TomG90
First Poster
Options

Hi. Did anyone resolve this issue? 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes, the machine is having trouble trying to balance the load in the drum and rather than go into a spin and bang all over the place it just does not go into a spin and sticks at 9 minutes

0 Likes
TomG90
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Is there a way to test or fix this? I'm able to run a full spin cycle if the speed is set to 0 (which means the drum spins very slowly) and the issue did seem to occur after quite a few towels were being washed

0 Likes