Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WW70k5210UX stuck on 9 minutes on spin program

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 07:58 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

My washing machine is stuck on 9 minutes on the spin program. I cleared the filter and cleared the drum. The clear drum washing cycle worked fine with 400 spin. Do you maybe know what can be the issue? 

Edit: I did recalibration and it works when is empty. It gets stuck when I put one towel inside. 

45 REPLIES 45
loulouwilliams
First Poster
Options
My samsung ecobubble washing clothes on a 15 minite wash only going to 10 and staying there still washing
AJD2203
First Poster
Options

I have a a Samsung WW90J5456DW washing machine and have been experiencing the same problem. I have only had the machine since March this year. It worked perfectly with no issues until beginning of October, then it started to stick on 9 minutes at the end of cycle and wouldn't complete the spin. I called the support team and was told if the drum was turning the reason for this was an 'unbalanced load'. It has now started to 'stick' at 21 minutes too! It doesn't happen every time I use the machine and doesn't happen on the same type of program. Yes, I can 'fix' the issue by stopping the program, opening the door and 'redistributing' the load. However, I am perplexed as to why this did not happen in the first 7 months of me using the machine. I am not doing anything any different. I am loading the same type of clothes and same amount in the same way.  Obviously,I am concerned that this is not simply a problem caused by a washing load being 'unbalanced'.

cowey
First Poster
Options

I can't upload a picture. But if you take the back panel cover off. There is a white plastic part with some wiring (bottom right). I found that not only did  the bracket break off due to the vibrations. But also a ground wire severed as well. I fixed the wire and zip tied the part to the machine. Works like a charm now

0 Likes
esfand
First Poster
Options

hi,i have the same problem,would you please help me if you find the solution?

0 Likes
HippoDuck
Journeyman
Options

Mine is less than 1 year old and started doing this. Nothing to do with balancing at all, it goes straight to 9 minutes at the start of the cycle. My hotpoint lasted literally 10 years, I got rid of it while it was still working to get this Samsung which turned out to be a waste of money. 

dengor
Apprentice
Options

Update on mine.  Finally got Samsung to send an engineer to check.  He found that Agitator bracket had snapped in 2 places, and the belt was off.  He also noticed that the connector was loose.  He replaced the motor and mount and now back to normal.

0 Likes
TheGman35
Student
Options

Can you help me? My WiFi smart washing machine is stuck on 9 minutes and it’s a normal load that’s in it. 

0 Likes
TheWincert
Student
Options
Great thank you very helpful
0 Likes
TheWincert
Student
Options

The unbalanced spin protection is designed to prevent damage to the washing machine and your clothes so is a key safety feature common on most modern washing machines.

0 Likes
HippoDuck
Journeyman
Options

If only it worked. I can hear the drum smashing into the side of the washing machine, the washing machine jumps around enough that the people who live 2 floors down can hear it, before it stops spinning and tries to rebalance. That happens with literally two towels in there. 

0 Likes