Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung won't honour 5 year warranty!

(Topic created on: 05-12-2019 11:43 AM)
Tipper27
Student
Options

So after contacting Samsung and talking to an online agent it appears that Samsung makes it very difficult to get repairs though their policies!  After buying an Ecowash washing machine 3 years ago and registering for a 5 year warranty it appears the process is next to useless ( intentionally? )  They are reusing to help me because I cant provide a registration number that was "supposedly" sent to me via email 3 years ago and have no record of me registering!!!  After a quick search online I am finding that I am not alone!!!    Have to say that I'm feeling scammed by the whole process and will make it a point never to buy any other Samsung products again!!   It was the 5 year warranty that sold me on the washing machine in the first place...

9 REPLIES 9
Tipper27
Student
Options

Ecobubble washing machine ^^

kiemtienspeed
First Poster
Options

I think if you have a warranty card, they will still warrant for you. Or maybe the washing machine is no longer manufactured, so it refuses to provide warranty.

Cipfaman
First Poster
Options

It is very difficult and time consuming (35 minutes ) to get a job order number from them before a service centre can even contact you to arrange a warranty repair. Even though you registered your details when you purchased they still need for some bureaucratic reason ( or to discourage you from claiming) all the details of model no,serial no, purchase date and Reg no again. Even after that they need to see the registration document! Prior to the 35 minute call you have to go through the manual to find out error codes and how to fix it yourself on a previous call.

i also chose Samsung because of the 5 year warranty which turns out to be so time consuming that is probably easier just to buy a replacement machine or repair it yourself!

The call Centre is helpful and polite but based abroad somewhere so communication is difficult.

in future I would not buy another washing machine from them purely on the grounds of difficulty in getting the warranty to be honoured.

frustrated3
Explorer
Options

i had a similar issue today.  I had to agree to pay the engineers cost if they found I had abused my washing machine!  are they joking.  If they don;t fix it I will be abusing it with a hammer

kash ijaz
First Poster
Options

I ma having the same issue, bought an ec o bubble 3 years and ago and they cant fidn my warranty. Its time for a class action here as im aware since they have marketed themseves with 5 year waranty incldued they would need to stand by the ad. I will look to start u a webpage called samsungissues in order to have as amnay peple join as possible to have this matter dealt with the courts.

Members_HoNZjiE
First Poster
Options

I bought a new Ecobubble from Currys in June 2021. I registered the five year warranty but when I logged into the site today my registration details were nowhere to be seen.  At the time I took a computer screen grab of the entry so that is the only evidence I have of actually having done it.  Mine is making banging noises and a new fault appeared today when the  digital readout  stayed on the ten minutes mark, remaining on the screen for a good half an hour, so I wish I hadn't bought it now.  

Ann25
First Poster
Options

The washing machine had been repaired by Samsung last year as it was under 3 years old but I have now been informed by Samsung it was a Good Will gesture . It has now broken down again .

I have just found this page today by chance as I have just been emailing Samsung back and forth as they have no record of my extended warranty for Eco Bubble washing machine ! 

After  waiting 30 minutes to speak with an adviser and reiterating numerous times date of registration .

The only response given was the process in registering the Washing machine and Authorised repairs  at a cost to myself . 

I had asked if I was the only customer  to have not received email  registration documents .  This question had not been addressed 

I purchased this product solely on the extended warranty and due to cost of repairs and no accountability on the part of Samsung  

I have had no choice but to request Subject of Information  under GDPR of Data Held and recordings of telephone conversations when the  I registered the appliance on the day it had been delivered.

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

I agree and will join a class action

Ripped off
Apprentice
Options

I’ve just tried to use my warranty, well actually last November. My 2yr extended warranty runs out on the 08/02/24, although as soon as I initiated the warranty it disappeared and was replaced by a reduced 1yr out of warranty. Once I got through they said I need to show proof of purchase, the machine was registered on the day it arrived (after having a Samsung tv I knew the drill). I couldn’t find the original receipt so contacted the bank, who took 2 months due to their terrible customer service (M&S Bank). I eventually got the details of the company I bought it from who then sent me another receipt stating it was bought from them and when etc etc…

low and behold…it’s the wrong type of receipt, I need a vat invoice with the model code-place of purchase-date of purchase-STORE LOGO DETAILS, etc ???

WTF seriously 

0 Likes