Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung WF80F5E5U4X stops during wash. Drum moves a little then gives up.

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 11:40 AM)
sg1009
Apprentice
Options

The drum turns approx 20 degrees and then stops, does this again about 5 times and then the wash just stays at that point. No error codes even if left overnight.

Belt isn't slipping. It's easy to take the back off to see this.

Take the top off (2 screws)

Push down gently on the corner of the main board and off it goes all happy.

This really sounds like a dry joint issues with the main curcuit board and since the machine is a few months under 5 years old this is very poor.

I think Samsung should replace this board free of charge?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @sg1009, I hope you are well! It may be best to get in touch with the Home Appliances support via Live Chat on this: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/

If a repair is necessary, depending on the current circumstances, an engineer can be sent to you to inspect the machine and should this be due to a manufacturer defect and the machine is still under warranty, then the repair will be free of charge. This can only be confirmed by the engineer after the inspection though.

0 Likes
sg1009
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply CarloL. I've been on chat to the support.

It seems since I purchased the machine December 2015 it's out of warrenty. I'd have to pay over £200 to get it fixed which is a 10 minute job. I really don't find that sort of repair cost on a 5 year old washing machine acceptable. This is so obvious it's the main PCB with a dry joint (badly made in manufacturing).

The worst part is I personally know a friend that recommended this machine to me, his machine gave up with the same fault at around the 5 year mark. What are the chances of that, well it seems searching the internet this is so so common.

0 Likes
sg1009
Apprentice
Options

For anyone else reading this thread...

Get the full model and serial number from inside the washing machine door. Get on ebay and message one of the sellers of these boards. The going rate seems to be £75 for a new one or £50 for a board that's had the manufacturers defective soldering re-soldered.

2 screws at the back to take the top off.

Unplug all the connectors.

3 screws, old board out, new baord in.

10 minute job and I'm back up and running.