Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung WF80F5E2W motor not turning

(Topic created on: 23-05-2022 11:12 AM)
bisonfish
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Our eco bubble has occasionally stopped mid cycle, normally it's OK to press start again and it finishes, but it did it again this weekend and after pressing restart the spin cycle started, followed by lots of blue sparks underneath. The machine then reset back to the start of the cycle but did not turn.

I looked at the brushes, they were badly worn and the source of the sparking, so I have replaced them. the machine will power on, and start a spin cycle (the pump goes) but then reset to the top rather than spin the drum (which is not jammed).

Trying to do a diagnosis, it flashes UC and beeps. Is this resettable? Or is something on the board burnt out?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AshP_
Options

Hello @bisonfish, I think this needs further investigation. If you're based in the UK/Ireland, please send a PM to @Sam_UK with further details, and one of the mods will be able to look into this further for you.

0 Likes
bisonfish
First Poster
Options

Thanks for getting back to me. I have extracted the control board and sure enough, one of the relays that looks as though it switches power to the motor is part melted and the potting compound next to it is blackened. I have ordered another board, if this does not cure things I will get in touch again.

0 Likes
bisonfish
First Poster
Options

Hi again,

I have fitted a new PCB, and the machine worked normally for a while, but with a very noisy motor. Have looked at the motor, the commutator was in a shocking state so replaced the motor, which has given quiet trouble free operation since.

However the machine has again started randomly pausing during the cycle. Pausing and unpausing the machine kicks it into going again, but often this can take 4 or 5 goes before going on to the next part of the cycle. the 1.03 daily wash cycle take 90 minutes today. Knowing a breakdown of the cycle might be helpful in trying to diagnose what part is intermittent? The drain pump is also quite noisy, and has been for a while, could this being faulty cause a similar problem? I have checked the filter for blockages.

0 Likes