Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WF80F5E0W2W/EU making holes in washing

(Topic created on: 04-06-2017 11:37 AM)
CarolO
Explorer
Options

I have had this machine since August 2016.  Very disappointed.  Using varying 'Daily Wash' 'Cotton' 'Synthetics' cycles I find that clothing have small holes when the wash has finished.  I am loading it correctly neither overloading or underloading as I had contacted Samsung previously regarding this problem.  Today I have found more holes in a T-shirt, cotton socks and scrim cloth.  I have purchased a net laundry back to wash underwear because underwear was coming out with holes.  The machine is unable to dissolve completely a Ariel 3in1 pod.  The mushy remains of the pod remain in the rubber.  I am more concerned about the holes.  Clothing that has holes are varying material.  Also have holes and rips in Glass tea towels.  Any ideas. 

Go to solution
71 REPLIES 71
Staceyg
First Poster
Options

Worst washing machine I've ever owned. I just bought some linen sheets & a duvet and couldn't figured out why they suddenly had holes in them. Spent $500 on them only to have them ripped to shreds. And it continues...my shirt's are being decimated by the washing machine. Even my thick Turkish towels have been destroyed. Lost a beautiful north face jacket to it as well. What a disgrace Samsung is. I will never purchase another product by this brand in protest of all of the destruction I'm experiencing due to this flaw. I don't have the extra money at the moment to replace the washing machine so I've resorted to a lot of hand washing. 

sack
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the support!

I want to write an advertisement for the washer

Here are great reasons to buy a SAMSUNG  washing machine:

#1 Washing rags, tarps, and other industrial strength fabrics, when you really want to beat the heck out of them.

#2 Instant distressing of new jeans - for that automatics “Worn for years” look.

# 3 Damage beyond repair those ugly shirts/items that you wish you never bought or wish your partner would/could never wear again.

0 Likes
lascelles
First Poster
Options

Yep, its very distressing. I've gone through a few shirts now - some brand new.

At the moment im experimenting with washing things in mesh zip up laundry bags. (I think the fabric may be getting pushed into the holes in the drum or something.)

Hopefully this will help...but it really shouldn't be necessary

0 Likes
FURIOUSCUSTOMER
First Poster
Options

We have also experienced similar problems with damaged clothes with holes, rips, bubbling and lint.  Having paid £769 for an appliance that is useless I would advise people to avoid both Samsung and John Lewis for which I had a premium price for what I thought would be a quality product and customer service.   They try to blame you for using the incorrect spin setting, however 6 of their 14 programmes are actually automatically set to the highest of 1400rpm.  1400rmp spin is also used in their product title as opposed to an extra specification.  I reduced the spin to 1200rpm and still had the same problem, so have reduced it to 1000rpm, however clothes are obviously not as dry.  They also say about zips, to which I zip my clothes and noticed one wash did not even have any zips.  It also seems to break zips.  Brand new clothes are damaged after the first wash and within a month of purchase.  They also advised about mixed loads and to separate into hard and soft fabrics, however this is not practical with a household of three family members.  I have tried delicate washes and silk materials developed rips.   It is extremely condescending and patronising as I have been washing clothes for 30 years and never experienced these problems with any other brands.  I also have to turn clothes inside out in fear of them being damaged even more.  

Trustpilot scores are 2 for John Lewis and 1.4 for Samsung out of 5 and am not surprised that John Lewis, Birmingham is now closed after assuring me that Samsung were better than Miele and the product is no longer available online.

John Lewis and Samsung are both stating there is no fault and therefore cannot do anything, however Citizens Advice Bureau have advised that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it is not of a satisfactory quality,  not fit for purpose and has not lasted a reasonable time.   I have also complained to Trading Standards, Online Dispute Resolution and Watchdog and willing to take legal action if necessary.  

CarolO
Explorer
Options

I am sorry that so many people are having problems with their Samsung washing machine.  You mentioned that you reduced the spin speed.  I did this too but realised that this only affects the 'last' spin and not the spin speed during the chosen wash program, therefore, it merrily spins at 1200rpm during the wash program and the last spin is the speed you set.  This is what happens to my machine but you may have a different model.  

Distraught
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I’m in the same boat. Samsung and John Lewis both denying any blame. I’m also considering legal advice as next steps. Is there a way you could make contact? I’m sweetDugdale on Twitter. I’ve got emails, and photos showing damage. I’m so furious. Please make contact. Thank you. Sarah

C849FAD6-0548-4ED9-97CC-3430EA1FBB4C.jpeg

0 Likes
Distraught
Apprentice
Options

FE79AA93-9B1E-4B98-8110-9B1FDA3D1366.jpeg

0 Likes
Distraught
Apprentice
Options

Hi. This sounds familiar! My machine does seem to spin very fast even on 800. Have you managed to get anywhere? Thank you. Sarah

0 Likes
Distraught
Apprentice
Options

#samsungholes 

just the worst machine ever and worst company for trying to resolve the issue. Endless promises of returning calls, “will investigate and look into it” and NOTHING! Just appalling. Just a few pictures of my damaged clothes. ALL my children’s tops now have holes in them. Every one. I’m just at my whits end. 

if anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Arlene1
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, I sold the machine on. I had enough with getting nowhere so I went and cut my looses and bought a Miele washing machine. Sorry I can’t be of anymore help. I suggest you sell it on and maybe buy a cheaper machine. Because you will probably get better results with something cheaper. Best of luck. 

0 Likes