Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WF80F5E0W2W/EU making holes in washing

(Topic created on: 17-08-2022 04:46 PM)
CarolO
Explorer
Options

I have had this machine since August 2016.  Very disappointed.  Using varying 'Daily Wash' 'Cotton' 'Synthetics' cycles I find that clothing have small holes when the wash has finished.  I am loading it correctly neither overloading or underloading as I had contacted Samsung previously regarding this problem.  Today I have found more holes in a T-shirt, cotton socks and scrim cloth.  I have purchased a net laundry back to wash underwear because underwear was coming out with holes.  The machine is unable to dissolve completely a Ariel 3in1 pod.  The mushy remains of the pod remain in the rubber.  I am more concerned about the holes.  Clothing that has holes are varying material.  Also have holes and rips in Glass tea towels.  Any ideas. 

71 REPLIES 71
Distraught
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the swift reply! We are on the verge of doing the same. I’d feel bad selling something that puts holes in clothes. I think we’ll go miele too. Thank you. Sarah

0 Likes
Arlene1
Apprentice
Options

No problem. I felt bad too so we sold it for a quarter of the price. Big loss but I couldn’t put up with the machine anymore. It was ruining all of my lovely new baby clothes.

0 Likes
Angie100
First Poster
Options

Hi, Did you get this resolved? We have exactly the same problem with our machine. Any advice please? 

0 Likes
rcheli32
Journeyman
Options

No, we purchased a different brand of washing machine. It was cheaper, faster wash, and no damage to clothes. I would advise against Samsung washing machines just for their lack of customer service around this issue.

0 Likes
Distraught
Apprentice
Options

No. Samsung were truly appalling. They sent and engineer who, whilst verified that holes were appearing in tights as I ran them around the drum, in line with the holes in my clothes, he said he couldn't find a specific fault but would recommend to Samsung that they replace the drum. Samsung said no fault was found therefore they were not responsible. I am looking at legal action. If you would like to connect with me please email me FightSamsungHoles@gmail.com

Of course see where you can get to with them, but I would resign yourself to getting no where with Samsung, and buying yourself a new machine. If you do manage to get anywhere with them please report back as it would give weight to others complaining.

I have also sent evidence to watchdog and put posts on facebook warning others and have had a number of other people reporting the same issue. No one has got anywhere with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Members_FNBRoUS
First Poster
Options

WW90J5456FX/EU washing machine  under warranty until 30.06.2023 has been putting holes in all our clothes has ruined all our clothes we got for xmas.Spent one and half hours on chat with support blamed zips bras how i washed the clothes etc. Advised to lower the spin speed just all the rubbish they have told everyone else instead of admitting there is a flaw with the washing machines. I bought this machine because of the spin speed which  i should not use because it causes holes in my clothes i also bought it because it had a good warranty 5 years but obviously Samsung never intend to honour any warranty so that is why they give 5 years. Total sham of a company with zero customer support better of buying a £200 quid Beko 20220220_173207.jpg20220220_173223.jpg

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options

Sorry you are having same problem as myself and many others. You mentioned being asked to lower the spin. When I set the spin at say 800rpm this only relates to the last spin of the cycle. The machine spins very fast during the wash cycle, I would hazard a guess at 1200rpm. It is only at the ‘last’ spin does the machine take any notice of the speed that I set it to, which is 800.  I still get the odd hole, primarily in materials that they use to make underwear and cotton socks. Disappointing from a company that manufactures great TV’s, they should stick to what they do best and leave washing machines to other companies.

0 Likes
Jade Herb
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me. I got this machine July 2021, that month i had an emergency c section and my son was in NICU so my priority wasnt the machine, it got the point where the drum wouldnt spin because of all the materials ripped off was stopping it, samsung replaced my drum and i will post pictures of what was found and the items ruined. After that i filed a complaint to samsung and their decision was that it was MY fault my overloading the machine! I am 26 with 2 kids and i know how to load a ***** washing machine!! Even my inlaws and my own family have never experienced this before. I have got no where with samsung and even after the new drum its still ripping clothes. It has caused over nearly triple figure damage!! I cannot afford to keep having my kids clothes, mine and husbands clothes ripped and torn apart!! And i cant even get a new machine because i got this on finance. 

0F17F85D-14C3-4959-B93D-1168A69A5202.jpeg

B9915C9E-1596-4BDF-830B-9537DAACDE48.jpeg

471E7606-5A7D-4275-A33E-5DD23858DC58.jpeg

5BF8DB3A-F2AA-4E1D-BC3F-D8663151ED0D.jpeg

87C93D66-336E-45EA-9395-E4F180ED8476.jpeg

DB08C085-8C11-4BA2-89AA-DC3EA774839D.jpeg

9BE63C12-C736-4073-A490-9A03B278AEE9.jpeg

80DCE9A5-8407-45B3-90DB-195EA4E990B8.jpeg

2C7B945F-98BB-4789-9C8B-018868DEFEEE.jpeg

1863279E-B691-4461-8FD1-FF106214EE7C.jpeg

C0685BE1-756D-4879-AA70-D4788CE8EFCE.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
CarolO
Explorer
Options

This pile of rubbish is at it again making holes in laundry. First some cotton ‘glass linen’  tea towels; I thought it was because they were old but last week an old T shirt had telltale small holes in and now this week a newish M&S top (decent) has got snags in. I am fed up with it. I am going to get rid of this pile of rubbish and get a new washing machine.  Anyone got a recommendation of a machine that doesn’t make holes. I am going to wash any tops in pillowcases until this machine is out the door.

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, what machine did you go for?  Is it ok?  I am on the verge of getting rid of my Samsung as tell-tale holes again in laundry.  Just want one that does what its supposed to and not ruin clothing.  Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes