Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WF80F5E0W2W/EU making holes in washing

(Topic created on: 16-07-2017 10:05 AM)
CarolO
Explorer
Options

I have had this machine since August 2016.  Very disappointed.  Using varying 'Daily Wash' 'Cotton' 'Synthetics' cycles I find that clothing have small holes when the wash has finished.  I am loading it correctly neither overloading or underloading as I had contacted Samsung previously regarding this problem.  Today I have found more holes in a T-shirt, cotton socks and scrim cloth.  I have purchased a net laundry back to wash underwear because underwear was coming out with holes.  The machine is unable to dissolve completely a Ariel 3in1 pod.  The mushy remains of the pod remain in the rubber.  I am more concerned about the holes.  Clothing that has holes are varying material.  Also have holes and rips in Glass tea towels.  Any ideas. 

71 REPLIES 71
TracyR
Options

Hey @CarolO.

Sorry for the late reply here.

If you haven't already I'd recommend contacting Samsung to arrange a engineers visit for your washing machine. 

The contact info can be found HERE.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options

Thank you TracyR for responding.  I have spoken to Samsung who suggested that I take photos of the clothing that my Samsung washing machine is making holes in.  They suggested that an engineer visit but confirmed that I would be charged for the call out if nothing is found wrong with the machine.  I don't think the machine has a mechanical fault but does have a design fault.  I believe that the laundry is being dragged into the holes of the drum when it is spinning and that it is the outer part of the drum that is snagging the clothing after the spin.  The holes in the drum, I believe, have been punched out and the other side of the hole is jagged or there is something there catching the laundry and making holes.  I had spent a lot of time (hours) researching washing machines before purchasing.   WHICH made me decide to go for Samsung because of its reputation, but sadly, I am very disappointed.

TracyR
Options

I would recommend arranging this as any manufacturing faults are covered under your 24 month warranty. 

Is it on every cycle that this happens? 

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

CarolO
Explorer
Options

underwearunderwearunderwearunderwearsocksockunderwearunderwearHi Tracy I have sent as you suggested photos of laundry that have holes in all resulting from washing out of the Samsung washing machine; I have found another piece of laudry that has two holes in made from the washing machine.  I'm not happy about this and not sure there is a resolve other than getting rid of the thing.  Can you help?  I know its the speed of the spin which I cannot control even though I am electing for a 400 (lowest spin) on every wash cycle, it does what it wants to do but the last spin is at 400 rpm.  Kind regards  Carol Orsler

0 Likes
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @CarolO

Have you sent these pictures to Samsung Support? 

Did you manage to get the engineer visit arranged? 

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your email.  Yes I have sent photos to TracyR.  I did this yesterday.  I have not arranged an engineer as I am not prepared to pay for the visit from an engineer.  There is nothing mechanically wrong with the machine - it is a design fault.  I believe that because of the speed of the spin, which I cannot adjust, apart from the last spin, the material is being dragged into the holes of the drum, when released from the hole the material snags, it might be that the holes have been punched through and the holes are jagged on the other side.  I am resorting to having to put certain items into net bags.  Kind regards Carol.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @CarolO.

Are you able to send photos of the care labels of the damaged clothing too? And did the Samsung Support guys you spoke to previously ask about anything in your typical loads that could be possibly causing holes, e.g. zips, tassles, bra underwires?

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options

Sorry unable to send photos care labels - these are standard items of laundry - 100% cotton - recommended temperature 40 degrees - socks do not have washing care labels but are again 100% cotton - I would imagine able to withstand a boil.  These items were all washed in hot temperatures in a previous Indesit washing machine without issue.  As I said it is the spin that is doing the damage.  Yes, I am aware that laundry items that have zips or hooks may have been the cause but I don't have anything with zips and underwear with hooks are washed in a laundry bag, again, as I mentioned above I have never had to put laundry in mesh bags and never had any problems with laundry in my own Indesit machine.   I have attached photos as requested.     underwear (cotton M&S)underwear (cotton M&S)underwear (cotton M&S)underwear (cotton M&S)sock (cotton)sock (cotton)underwear (cotton M&S)underwear (cotton M&S)

AntS
Options

No worries @CarolO. :smileyhappy:

If the machine is inspected by an approved engineer, they should carry out testing for any dragging and snagging (and potential causes of it), so arranging that inspection is recommended here.

0 Likes