Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WF80F5E0W2W/EU making holes in washing

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 05:23 PM)
CarolO
Explorer
Options

I have had this machine since August 2016.  Very disappointed.  Using varying 'Daily Wash' 'Cotton' 'Synthetics' cycles I find that clothing have small holes when the wash has finished.  I am loading it correctly neither overloading or underloading as I had contacted Samsung previously regarding this problem.  Today I have found more holes in a T-shirt, cotton socks and scrim cloth.  I have purchased a net laundry back to wash underwear because underwear was coming out with holes.  The machine is unable to dissolve completely a Ariel 3in1 pod.  The mushy remains of the pod remain in the rubber.  I am more concerned about the holes.  Clothing that has holes are varying material.  Also have holes and rips in Glass tea towels.  Any ideas. 

71 REPLIES 71
VannaDanna
Journeyman
Options

Interestingly enough I've had a repair person come in and is unable to figure out why this is happening. It is obviously a problem in actual production of the machine. I haven't got one piece of clothing without holes in it. Multiple holes. I've had to throw out brand new clothes after one wash as the machine made such big holes the piece was unwearable. Please look at these reviews and DO NOT purchase a Samsung washer unless you want to waste your hard earned money(on a less than efficient washer and new clothes that get shredded)  and again I'll say.. they say they care but they really do not.. trust the previous experiences of the people on this feed and buy a different brand. My friend has an LG and not one hole in any of her clothes. But my friends with Samsung and Whirlpool all complain of the same thing. 

0 Likes
rcheli32
Journeyman
Options

Hey everybody, I did the right thing by going through the Samsung support process to arrive at the predicable destination of being told there isn nothing malfunctioning on the machine so Samsung can't help in any way. Can anyone share how they've approached consumer affairs for escalation? Is there any kind of class action for this one?

0 Likes
lascelles
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Samsung - lots of clothes getting tiny holes in. Very frustrating...

Did anyone get anywhere with resolving this...?

Thanks

0 Likes
Arlene1
Apprentice
Options

No never resolved. Samsung really don't care at all. I'm still left with a terrible machine and extremely expensive machine. I'll  Never buy from them again. Very disappointing 

0 Likes
lascelles
First Poster
Options

*****, sorry to hear that. I'll let you know if i get anywhere with Samsung...but not holding much hope..

Mine must have destroyed over £200/ new clothes now ....

0 Likes
rcheli32
Journeyman
Options

Same for me, I recently went through the process with Samsung Australia. A technician came and looked at it, agreed it was as manufactured so not broken in any sense, and Samsung informed me in no uncertain terms that they had no further action to take. I asked if I could escalate it somehow, as I was seeking financial assistance to switch to a different machine, even if it was a Samsung, but they had nothing to offer at all.

Popeye69
Apprentice
Options
Hi there all,
Didn’t get anywhere with Samsung in the end and my clothes are still getting holes in them no matter how I differ the wash loads. They did try and fob me off with saying that you should wash clothes together with metal zips or bras as this is what causes the damages. However still getting holes after separating wash loads.

Samsung have had their day in my home, time to move on to another brand that cares.

Cheers all
Mike
0 Likes
Popeye69
Apprentice
Options

After Samsung tell me that the holes are caused not by the machine but by washing with mixed loads of bras, clothing with zippers, this is a brand new T-shirt by Penguin, first wash, washed separate with other T-shirts, no bras, no jeans or other trouser with zippers and look, a little hole!!!!!!

AB962CE1-72DD-40AF-A20E-605AC812D561.jpeg

Not HP Samsung 😡😡

0 Likes
rcheli32
Journeyman
Options

Same, we see damage to items and are always using delicates bags for protection. I'm not sure what it takes for justice in a situation like this.

0 Likes
Doseoftrouble
First Poster
Options

We were having same issue with the WA50K8600AV model. Looked around and found that the agitator had a small crack in it.

5F447808-D7BD-4A2D-B143-90DE8316A1B3.jpeg

E9F195D0-74F6-4CB2-9823-DD63DC664EE9.jpeg

0 Likes