Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung WF70F5E3W4W Eco Bubble Washing Machine - Drum not moving on any program, loaded or unloaded

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 09:14 PM)
TJ_Hegarty
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My washing machine has stopped working and I was hoping you could advise me further.

I have a Samsung WF70F5E3W4W Eco Bubble washing machine 7Kg.

The machine seems to fill and drain no problem but the drum doesn’t move / spin at all. Doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s a half load or empty drum. The countdown clock on the display continues to count down but the drum doesn’t move.

No error messages and I’ve checked the debris filter, cleaned it and put it back in, but still no change.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks & best regards,

TJ Hegarty

12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @TJ_Hegarty ,

that might be caused by different reasons, are you able to try this? Open the door and turn the drum by hand. Is the drum moving? 

TJ_Hegarty
Apprentice
Options

Hi there @TessM !
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Yes, I can reach in and move the drum manually, no problem.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

That means that the drum is not the issue. Is the door correctly close and is this happening during all the cycles? 

TJ_Hegarty
Apprentice
Options

The door seems to be closed Ok and there is a red key symbol on the display during the cycle. It seems to be the same on all cycles and we've tried several different programs with an empty drum but no change.

If we abandon a program by turning the machine off, the red key symbol stays on and it won't release the door catch for maybe 10 - 15 mins or so. A few times the key symbol wouldn't go out at all and we had to turn the power off at the plug to eventually get the door open (maybe 3-5 mins after turning the plug off).

Not sure if this helps but it has been getting more and more noisey lately - especially during a spin cycle, and the clothes didn't seem to be any drier after the spin which made me think it was less efficient or perhaps a problem with the drum, but you have now ruled that out.

AndrewL
Options
@TJ_Hegarty: Thank you for clarifying. Can you try running a Drum Calibration, just to make sure it isn't an issue with the motor.
1. Turn the washing machine off. 2. Press the Power button while holding down the Temp. and Delay End buttons simultaneously. The washing machine will turn on and "CLB" will appear on the display. 3. Press the Start/Pause button to start Calibration Mode. 4. The drum will rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise for about 3 minutes. 5. When Calibration Mode is complete, "End" (or "0") appears on the display and the washing machine will turn off automatically.
Musicmange
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue but the calibration will not work either.

AeroEngineer2003
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same symptoms with my machine today. The machine had an increased noise level lately. also today no movement of the drum, but electronics seemed fine and i could also hear the motor going into spinning. I unplugged the machine and unloaded, i could spin the drum easily from the inside with my hand. Took the top off and saw that the belt had fallen off. after taking off the back cover i saw that the motor to spin the drum via the belt had broken on one fixation and was hanging off the other. as you can see in the pictures one of the fixation is made of metal the other of a plastic. i do not understand why samsung did not choose a more durable material as obviously the root cause is on the plastic side which seems to be part of one big piece forming half of the outer shell of the drum.  Due to the high vibration the plastic part (one broken piece which is still on the fastener) is not easy to fix locally, so i guess its either a major replacement of half of the outer shell (hopefully without leak) or o full replacement with a new machine. Did anyone had any look with this kind of repair or did you go for a new machine? KR

IMG_20201010_151147.jpgIMG_20201010_151906.jpgIMG_20201010_151919.jpgIMG_20201010_150240.jpg

EmRock
First Poster
Options

I suspect the same has just happened to my machine 😬 what did you end up doing with yours re a fix in the end?