Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung washing machine WW90J5456MW stopping mid cycle

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 09:15 AM)
Laur28
Journeyman
Options

Hello, my washing machine has worked great up until last weekend - it suddenly stopped mid cycle, I thought I'd hit the pause button by mistake so pushed it and it started again. The following day same thing happened and then continued to happen multiple times.

I drained machine and cleared the filter out. Tried running an empty cycle and did the same thing again, just stopping, no error codes.

I phoned Samsung support and ran another empty cycle and somehow had no problem. They said it was down to an unbalanced load, however never had the problem before and don't believe there was anything wrong with the load.

Throughout the week I haven't been able to wash a single load without having to press the pause button multiple times. Today it just seemed to stop and won't start again! 

I've had to drain it,  I've cleaned the filter, I've recalibrated the thing. I'm due to tear my hair out as have so much washing - stuff needed for school etc. 

Does anyone have any tips on things to check please as I'm going to struggle to  someone to come out this month to take a look! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried a diferant programme?
0 Likes
Laur28
Journeyman
Options

thanks for replying! Yes I've tried a few cotton, 15 minute wash, rinse & spin and all seem to have the same issue! I've also tried the drum clean cycle to make sure it wasn't just needing a hot wash

0 Likes
Laur28
Journeyman
Options

So it appears that the machine will not work at all now, even pushing the start stop button. Is there any tips for things I can check? At three years old I don't expect an expensive washing machine to break down, particularly when I do follow the maintenance guidance regularly! 

any Samsung moderators on this forum?

Aussiemike
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Common problem and Samsung support were very little help. Hung up on my wife after giving name of service company. Service company says it's the motherboard but they are not available to purchase. I'll be calling Consumer Standards as there is a requirement for manufacturers to carry spare parts for their products.

0 Likes