Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Washing machine mostly doesnt want to know

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 12:59 PM)
adam p
Student
Options

Eco bubble 10K washing machine , 3 months worth of use , playing up .

It fires into life as normal . makes a whurrrrrrrring noise as normal , then at the point it would spin to weigh a load it pauses , does nothing for a while then clicks off . It doesnt chime to say its clocked off .... just clicks then goes off . At no point does the drum turn or any water load ..... 

Doesnt matter which program you use , loaded or unload , the drum spins freely and easily by hand and feels normal resistance  . Doors are closed ..... all good you would think but sadly no .

Not got a clue whats up , i assume its programming .

Sadly we brought it from a `cheap place` and although brand new was only given 3 months warrenty ..... brought 18/02/21 so just my luck 12 days out of warrenty !

Advise would be appriciated .

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
StephK1
Options

Oh no, sorry to hear about this issue with your washing machine. If you turn it on without any washing inside, will it spin without a load in it? 

0 Likes
adam p
Student
Options

Hi

It wont turn with or without a load sadly .

0 Likes
adam p
Student
Options

An update

The motherboards gone .

Just had a chap in to work out what the fault is and simply put its a design fault that hes come across before .

So the machines dead unless i seek and find another motherboard which will be about the cost of the machine to supply and fit .........

My next step is to speak to samsung themself , i dont hold out hope .

0 Likes
LynneK
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Adam P

Your lack of warranty is not a problem because you have the Consumer Rights Act 2015 on your side. 

Basically, if an item is faulty you are due a refund or repair. Within the first 6 months, basically it's assumed that the fault was present at purchase, after 6 months there is more onus on you proving that the fault existed at purchase. I think you may need to chase up the company you bought it from as the sale constitutes a contract with them (rather than Samsung). 

Keep a log of all your communications just in case you need to take this to the small claims court.

I'm not an expert so you'll need to double check this on the citizen's advice link I've put below.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/return-faulty-goods...

adam p
Student
Options

Hi

Thank you ... i assumed the same although i thought there should be a 12 monther on anything . 6 months will do .

Sadly the receipt says 3 months but im happy to ignore that .

I sent a txt the day after it stopped working . As of yet ive not heard a thing so im thinking of popping in and hearing what they have to say . It is however difficult to just drop it back to them but if i can get a swap out of this for a working machine its got to be worth while .

0 Likes