Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Washer: Model: WF42H5000AW/A2 - Goes into spin, but control board flashes on/off and resets back to rinse/spin.

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 10:03 PM)
ELSS
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung washer Model: WF42H5000AW/A2, about 3 years old.

When I run regular cycle/quick cycle/rinse & spin cycle, it goes down to about 7 min (spinning) and then the control board flickers off and back on, resets back to 13min and starts spin again.  It runs the wash cycle ok.

Checked the pressure switch and it looks ok.  Checked the filter at the bottom of the washer and it's clean.  Loading looks ok (tested empty).

I called a technician who seemed very puzzled at what was happening and concluded that it should be the bad control board and I need to replace the control board and quoted me $450 for the repair.

Really would appreciate any information or help with what's going on with the washer.

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @ELSS ,

This is normal, that happens because your washing machine is detecting an unbalanced load. This is generally caused by washing single items or a small number of items with one heavier (when wet) item - this creates an unbalance during spin, the washing machine automatically stops and tries to balance the load (chucking the stuff around back and forward a few times) but ultimately if the load is too unbalanced it will eventually just stop. Sometimes it will spin but at a slower speed.

The unbalanced spin protection is designed to prevent damage to the washing machine and your clothes so is a key safety feature common on most modern washing machines.

0 Likes
ELSS
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the feedback.  However, I tested several times empty and still happens.

0 Likes
ELSS
First Poster
Options

Could this be the control board issue like the technician diagnosed?  I am all out of ideas and about to just replace my washer.  Please help.

0 Likes
Alex D1
First Poster
Options

Hi Elss,

I'm having the same issue with my washing machine right now!

Have you found out what caused the problem in yours?

0 Likes
Gmac849
First Poster
Options

Anyone find the cure for this? I’m also having the same problem. Runs fine empty, try and wash a load of laundry and cycle keeps resetting…

0 Likes