Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart fridge both water and ice indicator lights on at the same time

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 08:34 PM)
Gary28
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the Samsung smart fridge model number RF265BEAESR both of the water and ice blue indicator lights stays on at the same time and it will only dispense ice. Under normal operating conditions, only one blue indicator light is on depending on which option you want.  The ice works option works, so there is a water supply to the fridge.   The dispenser light also doesn't come on when dispensing, therefor I believe its a software issue and not a mechanical issue. Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks for your help,

Gary

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Gary28, are you still experiencing issues with this or you managed to sort it? 

0 Likes
Measy82
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem can you help me

0 Likes
Gary28
First Poster
Options

The service guy replaced the ice/water dispenser panel and is now working.  The part cost almost $300 not including the labour to install it. 

0 Likes
Fox2
First Poster
Options

Hey CarloL, 

we are having the same issue and this is not out first with the refrigerator. Is there a solution other than having to pay over $300 to have the issue fixed (on a fridge that cost over $2,500 3 years ago)?? Seems like a common problem. 
thanks

Jayme

0 Likes
family hub refrig
First Poster
Options

I have the very same problem. I called the technicians and not sure how much they are going to charge. Looks like a common problem for many refrigerators. Samsung is using  cheap parts to make the product ? 

0 Likes
family hub refrig
First Poster
Options

How did you fix the problem ? 

0 Likes