Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Series WW90T4540AE - no 30 degree temperature setting

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 01:36 PM)
Cm9
Student
Options

Hi all

Just installed a new WW90T4540AE washing machine and found it has no option to wash at 30 degrees.

We bought this to replace our old Bosch machine which after a few years started to randomly shrink clothes even at 30 degrees.

We have a lot of garments that say on the label to wash at 30 degrees, but I will need to either wash at 20 or 40.

Anyone else have this issue? What cycle / temp do you use?

Thanks in advance 

CM

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use 20, modern detergents are designed for that. Our LG has 90, 60, 40 and 20 so we use 20 for cool wash items
Cm9
Student
Options

Thanks for the quick response Antikythera - much appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻The other week our old machine shrank several of our sons' Nike tracksuits in one go, so naturally I'm feeling cautious. I will be brave and start washing stuff following your advice 😀

0 Likes
Flor1n
Apprentice
Options

I just hit this issue recently and I am baffled about this.

When 90% of clothes have 30 degree indication they have not included the most used option.

I guess this is what happens when you hire engineers disconnected from reality, that have never read a clothing label because their mom still does the laundry...  

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

thats strange. I have the WW90T534DAW and I am sure on the cottons and most other washes that go up to 90/60/40'c I can select 30'c using the temp button on the front panel 

temp button.jpg

andy_in_ireland_0-1683030082950.pngI have a 40'c wash on at the moment so I cannot check but when it finishes I must check to make sure , I am pretty sure I can set mine to 30'c though

andy_in_ireland_2-1683030138231.png

0 Likes
Flor1n
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for trying to help.

I have a different model (WD81T4049CE) where the front panel has predefined temperature, so there is no way for me to select 30 degree... frustrating.

Hard to imagine how a team of experienced engineers were sitting in a meeting and signed-off to release such a product on the market.  

Flor1n_0-1683030840263.png

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Flor1n wrote:

I have a different model (WD81T4049CE) where the front panel has predefined temperature, so there is no way for me to select 30 degree.

Flor1n_0-1683030840263.png

looks like a strange design i would have thought all machines would have 30'c . 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
In 2013, a legislation was introduced in the EU stating that all washing machines must have a 20⁰C temperature option but they never made 30⁰C compulsory. Bit of a silly idea since water inlet temperatures are normally around 20⁰C in the summer anyways. I'd much rather have a 30⁰C option over a 20⁰C option. The cost of a single LED to accomodate the 30⁰C temp option is essentially nothing for a company like Samsung.
Flor1n
Apprentice
Options

@EcoBubbleUser944 wrote:
In 2013, a legislation was introduced in the EU stating that all washing machines must have a 20⁰C temperature option but they never made 30⁰C compulsory. Bit of a silly idea since water inlet temperatures are normally around 20⁰C in the summer anyways. I'd much rather have a 30⁰C option over a 20⁰C option. The cost of a single LED to accomodate the 30⁰C temp option is essentially nothing for a company like Samsung.

Totally agree. 

I guess Samsung had a difficult time accomodating the new legislation.

They tought, how can we make this change with minimum costs and impact to existing design.

And then a brilliant ideea arrived ... let's replace the most used temperature. 

Legally compliant ? Checked

Zero efforts/costs to adjust? Checked.

Frustrated users ? Checked.