Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG - RS8000 RS68N8330S9/EU American-Style Fridge Freezer - Matte Stainless

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 10:01 PM)
Ray55
First Poster
Options

We bought a Samsung Fridge Freezer in July 2019 within 6 months the appliance started to make a loud noise which then got louder and continuous. So loud that it would wake me up in the night! Service engineer came in July 2020 and immediately knew what the problem was. He stated it was a design fault (fan) but the new replacement part from another manufacturer should sort it out. Now 8 months on it has started again and I have called out the service engineer again! Samsung needs to sort this out. I suspect in another 8 months it will simply happen again out of warranty!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Ray55 

That's not what we like to hear. Do you have an appointment booked for the second engineer visit?

0 Likes
Ray55
First Poster
Options

Thanks. No we don’t have an appointment yet. The noise from the fan has now stopped and the fridge has stopped working. At least we can sleep at night. But no fridge. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Oh right! Are you waiting for contact from the Service Centre to arrange an appointment?

0 Likes
Ray55
First Poster
Options

Yes my wife tried phoning today after I reported the issue but they were closed. 

0 Likes
Ray55
First Poster
Options

Engineer came today. The reason why it failed was because only one fan was replaced last time and the fridge freezer has two fans. Both have now been replaced. There appears to be a defect in the initial fans put in the appliance. Should there not be a recall on this appliance so that the owners are reassured that the company will replace these defective fans?

0 Likes