Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG RS68N8330B1/EU AMERICAN FRIDGE FREEZER

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 02:21 AM)
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

I purchased my 

SAMSUNG RS68N8330B1/EU AMERICAN FRIDGE FREEZER

as it was advertised with a 10 year warrantee, I believed I would have 10 years worry free, sadly just after 2 years my freezer fan has packed in and only the bottom part of the freezer works and the fan is so noisy it seems like builders are working in the house. I contacted Samsung and in fairness they were quick to get back to me and also had an engineer contact me to replace the fan, but as I’ve had the fridge freezer for over 2 years, I now have to pay for a fan and labour charges of changing it, luckily I can change the fan myself. You wouldn’t expect to pay over £1000 for an electrical item that only lasts 2 years though, lesson learned, next time I’ll purchase a fridge freezer from a manufacturer with a proven reliability record, my 2 previous fridge freezers lasted over 20 years each, one still running in the garage (luckily)

17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chrism3 

What does the Warranty Terms and Conditions state about repairs may I ask ?

I had a washing machine [ not a Samsung model ]  which had a 5 year warranty but this did not cover the engineers call out and labour to fit the part.

I now make sure I read the Terms and Conditions and any exclusions and possible costs.

I ended up ordering said part and clicking it into place myself.

This is why I now have Home Contents Insurance albeit with an excess fee.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

Hi there

Samsung replied to me explaining the the fan is a non warrantee part, so all repairs are chargeable, luckily I’m quite capable of changing the part, but everywhere I’ve searched for the part advise a 10 day delivery, so sadly I have to live with the terrible noise until I receive the part, it seems like a common fault and most suppliers have the part in stock, so I can’t understand why it takes so long to deliver?. Thanks 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Could be due to logistics and lead times for the part !

Unfortunately with most warranties there are clauses. 

Make sure fitting the part yourself does not void any remaining warranty.

I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JH34
Student
Options

BUYER BEWARE

I'm having exactly the same problems with a noisy freezer fan, mine is 3 years old. Simply unacceptable. The part number I need fyi is rmf-003assa. Problem is I placed an order for this part a month ago and no one is able to say when the part will be in stock again. Again simply unacceptable. This is the second American fridge/freezer I have had from Samsung. The first was plagued with defrost problems and eventually lost its gas and was unrepairable, you would have thought I had learnt a lesson, but no, I gave Samsung a second chance only to be let down again by poor quality and unavailable parts. NEVER AGAIN

0 Likes
Simon Walker
First Poster
Options

Hi there:

I have a  RS68N8240B1 American style freezer purchased late 2018 that has similar fault. 

Simon Walker
CR5 

I REGISTERED THIS FRIDGE FREEZER UNDER THE 5 year warranty  back in 2018- there is now a fault- this machine is permanently on and is using lots of energy.

Samsung directed me to sub contractor service co. that want £100 just for assessment which I will not pay but Samsung will not honour  their 5 year warranty.

I did to know what’s wrong with this Fridge Freezer, what part needs replacing and if SAMSUNG refuse to sort this FOC I’ll have to fix myself DIY. 

Rubbish service SAMSUNG you should do much better. 

well over £1000 and not working right after less than 4 years. 

Hoping SAMSUNG will see this and get it sorted FOC.

0 Likes
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

I had the exact same issue with Samsung, I asked Samsung to refund my payment as they had no parts, I ordered the freezer part on eBay for £49 it was delivered within 2 days, I then fitted it and everything is now working fine, I have no respect for Samsung Customer Service, but taking apart a Samsung Fridge Freezer and changing the parts purchased elsewhere was very easy. 

0 Likes
Simon Walker
First Poster
Options

Re: RS68N8240B1 American style freezer

Thanks, not impressed with Samsung at all.

Our fridge freezer permanently running and has this noise coming from the freezer area, sounds like dodgy bearings on a fan!?

Did you replace the “evaporator fan”. Doing some research it does appear that this is the fault with mine !?  

SW CR5 

0 Likes
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

Yes, and it will get worse if not replaced, your freezer will soon start to freeze up near the pipes and the furthest food from the pipes will start to defrost. This was the fan for my freezer: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304568568640

Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

D964EC27-1FEA-400B-BE13-5F7202EEB7D1.jpegE05D93B0-29F6-4817-969B-0A564283A038.jpegE4D16506-173E-468E-8912-5A1C7B780BD4.jpeg659820FE-5E7E-4A05-826C-3031D98B5FDB.jpeg7584F873-1096-41BD-A6E4-907210F69D02.jpeg