Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung RS68A884CSL American Fridge Freezer

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 09:44 PM)
metal_man
First Poster
Options

So I bought a £1700 Samsung RS68A884CSL American fridge freezer. After only 5 weeks there was a burning smell coming from the fridge compartment.
I phoned Samsung and was told to switch off the appliance and an engineers visit would be arranged. When inspected the engineer found a burst pipe in fridge section, evap oil smell, total loss of refrigerant and the appliance deemed a total loss. We were told under no circumstances to switch the appliance back on.

The problem we have now, apart from still not having a working appliance, is Samsung won’t take any responsibility over our freezer loss. They expect us to make a claim for our loss on our household insurance.

Is the normal experience of other users who have suffered similar experiences?

regards Ray

1 REPLY 1
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Hi
Sorry to hear that, and you are probably confused just like i was with the Lack of support from Samsung with regards to the sale of faulty goods. Samsung will do everything not to complete repairs including being dishonest. I can only advise that you record everything and report to trading standards with assistance a free advice service like Citizens Advice.
There is just a void where Customer care would be expected to be.
Good Luck