Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung RB31FDRNDSA compressor noise

(Topic created on: 31-07-2020 02:19 PM)
shuff01
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I purchased a Samsung RB31FDRNDSA a week a go that was delivered to me on Thursday 7th September. The delivery driver advised me that I should let the fridge stand for 4 hours before switching on to let the gases settle. To air on the side of caution I let the fridge stand till the following morning, some 18 hours.

When I switched the new fridge on I was surprised by the noise the compressor makes, I thought maybe this is due to heavy loads on the compressor as it tries to bring the internal temps of the fridge and freezer down. 

Three days on and the noise is still as loud, thankfully the compressor is no longer running continuously but when it fire up the noise is quite bad.

There is a high pitched electrical noise and also a noise from inside the compressor that sounds like a defective bearing or something. 

I have of course checked that the fridge is level and that nothing is fouling at the rear of the fridge. Surely this noise is not normal? How can a product costing this much claiming to be the next best greatest thing be more noisy than the failing Indesit it hs replaced????

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
deetswerdna
Apprentice
Options

Have you contacted Samsung at all? I'm the samey kitchen is latched onto my living room so it's hard to escape the sound. Ill let you know what Samsung say to my video. Im hoping they can help I always trusted Samsung until now 😞 

0 Likes
knuck
Student
Options

We got it fixed some time ago, best buy tech got it solved. It was the pipe rubbing on the rear access panel cover, causing  the vibration sound. Been good now for many months. Thanks

digisci
Apprentice
Options
Yeh I called Samsung and they sent a technician over to inspect but he said he couldn't hear the high pitch sound and looked at me like I was some crazy person.
0 Likes
deetswerdna
Apprentice
Options

What sort of foam is best? im assuming you put it on the back wall and maybe the sides? would you attach it to the back of the fridge aswell to sort of fill the gap? with the 10cm gap of course? Im thinking of getting in touch with the company i bought it from and letting them know how much stress its causing surely that warrants a refund if its affecting our health?

0 Likes
mtb25
Apprentice
Options

Any acoustic absorbtion panel should do. For now (while I'm battling for a refund), I have bits of memory foam probably a few cm thick down the back and sides. This actually makes it bearable - I can still hear it from across the room but it doesn't give me a sore head/ringing in the ears after I leave the room.

0 Likes
Good2020
First Poster
Options

Did yours die down in the end? 

0 Likes
Good2020
First Poster
Options

Did you get it sorted? We Brought this model 2 days ago and it's super loud so hoping it's fixable. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

mine has started again last night it is damaging my hearing.... again.

0 Likes
Frepsin
First Poster
Options

I bought a RB31FERNDBC recently and it is also VERY LOUD.

Super high pitched ringing, very loud (what I assume is) compressor..

Going to have to get someone called out to check it out and maybe return it.

0 Likes
Colin554
Journeyman
Options

These fridges are totally unusable. I did not sign up for having to wear hearing protection in my house. I bought a RB31HSR fridge and the high pitched noise was so bad that I consider it unusable. On the day of receiving it, my ears were sore and after turning it off, my ears kept ringing for the rest of the night (over an hour). I have family with the same model and went to listen to their one - they have a much larger kitchen with more ambient noise... so I held my head close to the fridge to hear - big mistake! My ears are still ringing 1.5 hours later. I don't have sensitive ears... I am fine with loud vacuum clearing, dishwasher, loud music, house alarms... Only these Samsung fridges hurt my ears.

0 Likes