Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Oven NV66M3531BS keeps turning on and off

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 11:30 AM)
Cramos
Journeyman
Options

Hi My Samsung dual cook oven keeps turning itself on and off despite the selection ***** at the o mark. It worries me as it can be a potential fire hazzard. We had this problem before and they had to replace the oven twice when we purchased it. The problem seems to have come back. Thats 3 faulty ovens now has anyone else had problema with this oven?

32 REPLIES 32
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Cramos! Sorry to hear about this issue with the oven. Was this checked and replaced by a Samsung engineer? When was the oven purchased? What was the feedback from the engineer about this? 

0 Likes
Cramos
Journeyman
Options

Hi CarloL

We had the wholw oven replaced and then the replacement model had a faulty LCD. We have had an engineer out to replace the pcb but the fault has reoccured. Is this a fault with he model? We are concerned about the potential fire hazzard.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for the info. When and where did you purchase the oven, @Cramos?

0 Likes
Cramos
Journeyman
Options

I purchased the oven from Currys Croydon

0 Likes
Thackers
Student
Options

Hey did you get this resolved at all I have this fault with mine

Cramos
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Not yet I should have an engineers visit soon. I would advise you to video it for your records. Our oven turned itself on and the seal has failed causing our cabinet damage. Thankfully no fire. For now we have to switch off the oven from the mains fuse when not in use.

Thackers
Student
Options

Ours has done this intermittently for about a year but I thought at first I maybe wasn't turning the dial correctly but definitely isn't that just come home after being out for a couple of hours and it's switched itself on at 170 so I'll have to do the same and switch it off at the mains daren't risk it

0 Likes
Cramos
Journeyman
Options

We just had an engineer visit. Problem was a ceased fan causing overheating and triping out control panel... Not safe. Samsung still haven't ordered parts Im having a really difficult time with them Service engineers have seen the faults and have explained what parts need to be replaced yet Samsung closed the job and not ordered parts. They keep making excuses its not on!

0 Likes
DaveFaulkner
First Poster
Options

I have a sumsung dual cook oven, not exactly the same model as the original poster but I am experiencing similar issues and wanted to post so people could find this issue online and potentially avoid the oven.
Our oven has had multiple faults since new, the latest issue is it keeps switching itself on or off at random.

The current problem is definitely worse after the over has been on. Also the control dial is not functioning correctly and it is pot luck what actual setting the oven will adopt when the dial is turned. The off position is rarely off for example.

In order to be safe we now switch the oven off at the wall isolation switch as we have no confidence it will not switch itself on whilst we are out (even with the dial in the off position).