Hi,

I have problem Samsung model SR-S2028DVW door alarm goes off intermittenly

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Dev3.

Could you confirm if this happens when the door is fully closed? Does this happen after anything in particular when using the fridge? 

Dev3
First Poster
Options
Hi,
I did press the two fridge door for more then 10 seconds the alarm still went off for an other 2 hours ,the fridge temp flickered between 3 and 6 . ,but today fortunately the alarm has stopped the temp is at steady 6
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It might be worth keeping an eye on it @Dev3 and let us know if it happens again. 

MILOBS
First Poster
Options

I have a very similar problem on my SR-L629 fridge freezer, had two engineers to try and stop the "beeping" but without succses ,it is driving me mad constantly "beeping" and temperature fluctuating.  Please let me know if you cure it.

0 Likes
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Having similar issues with different model. After conducting some research on my own, I believe that the processor does not sense that door is actually properly closed at times. It means that either reed switch(es) is faulty or magnet(s) on the door or the reed switches are misaligned with the magnets. Before replacing the parts I went ahead and checked my magnets by removing them and putting them back in place, and removed and disconnected the reed switches after shutting off the breakers and removing the top cover on the fridge. I reinstalled the switched and connected them back to the harness. Guess what? It fixed the problem without replacing any parts! I believe that either some connectors had bad contact (that’s got fixed by reconnecting them) or magnets got better aligned with the switches after reinstalling them.

0 Likes