10-07-2022 12:26 PM in
My microwave won't start after having closed the door and pressing the start button. Had the microwave unplugged for a week, then it worked again... but just two times.
Anyone an idea what the root cause could be?
10-07-2022 01:00 PM in
@RubenCab: Can you see an 'L' on the microwave's display? If so, press and hold the the Child Lock button for 3 seconds until the 'L' disappears. This is the button with the padlock above it, to the bottom right of the multifunction dial. Also, make sure that 'Microwave' is selected, and try pressing the Start/+30 second button a few times to ensure that a cooking time is set.
11-07-2022 01:00 PM in
I'm having a similar issue - everything works except the "start" button. I can program and set various cooking modes, I just can't get any of them to start! Nothing to do with the Child Lock, which is off, just the button's stopped working. Perhaps it needs a replacement switch?
11-07-2022 01:01 PM in
Hi Andrew - I'm experiencing a similar issue, no response when I push the start button, no beep or anything at all. Started acting up yesterday, had to push the button a couple of times to get any reaction, but since this morning it's just stopped working completely.
20-09-2022 12:37 PM in
Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Based on discussions on other pages, a new button panel was required. Not sure what that would cost...
21-09-2022 11:31 AM in
Hi Jenni - it appears that the microswitch behind the button can occasionally get clogged with grease (or something) and this stops it working. I've managed to fix this problem a couple of times - switch off at the wall and spray the button area with an active kitchen cleaner. Wipe off the excess and leave it to dry naturally - the next day your button should be working again (at least this has worked twice so far for me).
A replacement panel will cost about £80 or £90, plus whatever installation costs are if you can't do the switch yourself.
29-09-2022 05:40 PM in
My workaround is to having the device permanently unplugged from power.
To use it, I plug it in (to 230VDC) and it works.
Not ideal but saves the hassle sending it in... and money.