Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Link to Ring Doorbell draining Ring battery

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 04:52 PM)
Members_213wO8F
First Poster
Options

Hi, since linking my Ring doorbell to my smart samsung device via home hub I’ve noticed my doorbell battery depletes in about a week when it previously lasted a month. I just checked the ring app on the smart Frodge Freezer and noticed A LOT of notifications! Like 40-50 a day. This is despite me turning off notifications on the app…. 

anyone else experiencing this issue?…

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Well, yes, of course it's going to do that, Smartthings will be streaming video all the time from the doorbell, killing the battery.

I had the same problem when I linked my Ring doorbell with HomeAssistant. Battery life went from months to days.

Two solutions - either just use the Ring app alone, or hardwire the doorbell to power
0 Likes
IMHO_1234
Journeyman
Options

Try to look in the event history of when u r not at home and no one has answered the ring bells. I noticed it was recording videos of 10 minutes+. Reason , it auto answers on the the Samsung fridge i.e start the live view akin to one picking the ring bell call on phone, so it keeps on recording.  This has been my experience in Oct 23, I just bought my first ring door bell and finding this integration with Samsung fridge a waste on battery. And during that 10 minutes or so, it keeps the bell engaged and other person cannot press the bell as well. Not sure it is a bug got introduced in latest Sep update of the Samsung Fridge or it has always been like this. 

0 Likes