Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung Fridge RL38SCPS

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 06:01 PM)
Members_GoPUJ6w
Apprentice
Options

Hello. My Fridge light doesn't work even though I exchanged the bulb. It was halogen one 40W there. I exchanged for 5.5W LED bulb. It is not working. The Fridge doesn't have a switch for the light or a door button to control the opened/closed door. Does it have some sensor? Or how can I check where is the problem? I don't have an electricity tester to try out. 

Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful to you

Samsung refrigerator lights do not turn on

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109322/
0 Likes
Members_GoPUJ6w
Apprentice
Options

It really doesn't help. I think it is the reel switch. The magnet on the door which does the job for the light. However I can't find out where to buy it.... or it can be the reader inside of the fridge- built up, which is broken... I have no.clue, however, it is one of these as the electricity goes into the bulb socket. So the switch doesn't work... which I can't repair on myself as I can't buy it anywhere... sucks... 

0 Likes
Madelvic
First Poster
Options

Have you tried reversing the led light?  Unlike trad bulbs they only work one-way round as they have a positive and a negative.  I know, long shot

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_GoPUJ6w: The user manual states to contact a service engineer to replace the bulb, and doesn't offer any steps to do it manually. With this in mind, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be able to arrange this for you. 

Help & Contact | Samsung United Kingdom

Alternatively, if the appliance is over 24 months old, please contact one of our authorised Service Centres to arrange the engineers visit. To find your nearest one please follow the link below, select 'Home Appliance > Refrigerator' and enter your post code.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes