Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG FREEZER RZ32M7120WW Complete defrost, all food wasted.

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 04:19 PM)
Petra17
Student
Options

This freezer was only two months old when it defrosted automatically without warning and any outward indication that it was doing so.  I opened the door to find all the contents completely thawed and water dripping from the shelves. Days  later it did start to freeze again but contents could not be used as they had obviously be thawed for several days and were beginning to smell.  An engineer replaced control units but I am reluctant to refill it until I know how to set up some indication that a defrost is taking place.  I have lost more than £200 worth of meat and fish and Samsung are ignoring my request for compensation, even though this fault is well known.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
KFA87
First Poster
Options

My Samsung freezer, a Which magazine Best Buy, has just failed for the third time again ruining the contents.

The temperature shown on the door was -19”, but inside it was defrosting with no alarm or anything else to warn me. The door alarm certainly did not sound

Since the last episode a year ago I have watched it carefully, enduring that the vents were not blocked.  It may be that the door had not been closed properly causing the vents to freeze up but there should be a mechanism of some kind to act as a warning.

it is not fit for purpose. It has ruined my wife’s Birthday celebration with family. The guarantee is a waste of time. I shall take it to the recycling centre and buy another make. I will not buy any Samsung product again.

0 Likes
KFA87
First Poster
Options

I have the impression that the defrost function tends to leave water in the door seal at the bottom of the door. When the defrost is over  this water freezes. Water expands on freezing and , in time , this is sufficient to breach the door seal allowing moist warm air in which then freezes up the cold air ducts.

0 Likes
Mattcee
Student
Options

Same thing happened to me yesterday and really not happy.
Purchased in March 2022 for £600 and just over 6 months later, complety defrosted itself with no warning at all. Almost £200 of food ruined and had to bin everything. To make matters worse, Samsung can't get an engineer out for nearly 2 weeks and don't seem to really care.
All the support seems outsourced and hard to deal with with endless waiting times and 'please hold the line' and they seemed almost amazed that i'm still on the line after being told hold numerous times.
Really want a refund as don't feel confident in a repair after reading these messages.

KFA871
First Poster
Options

Hi Mattcee,

boy is it difficult to login to respond to your posting. I had to reregister which is why the username has changed  and use the two factor authentication system three times. I wonder why.

i have managed to use my Samsung freezer for the last year without problems. Some twelve hours after defrosting completely without warning it starts to work again. To keep it working you have to be very careful not to block any of the airways. Put any bagged items in the trays and only boxed items on the shelves above. Watch the door seals for any sign of frost build up and do a full defrost every six months. The freezer is essentially not fit for purpose. Samsung seem totally uninterested in the problem. The last time I checked it remained a Which Best Buy despite my reporting the problems I had had.

I have lost all confidence in Samsung products. I have give away my Galaxy 7 phone and gone back to an IPhone. My TV’s are all LG and my other appliances are Bosch. What a pity as, apart from defrosting without warning, it is quite a good freezer.

Mattcee
Student
Options

I've actually just got off the phone to the retailer (AO) where I purchased it from and they were excellent and I explained the situation and they even got Samsung support on the line too after a little wait. AO agreed the wait time was too long for a visit and there was no guarantee it would even be fixed on the first visit.

Long story short... the retailer cancelled the service visit whilst on the phone with the Samsung outsourced support and said I could order another freezer (with me getting a partial refund or paying extra depending on new freezers price) and would take away the faulty freezer at the same time they deliver the new one.

If you are reading this Samsung, this is how customer support should be done!

0 Likes
Pog66
Apprentice
Options

Glad you got a good result. Unfortunately I was only able to deal with Samsung whose support is appalling - ended up cutting my losses and got the Samsung taken away and replaced with a new Siemens freezer which has worked perfectly. Lesson learnt, never buy anything from Samsung again.

0 Likes
Members_2B7MovM
First Poster
Options

Well I’m sorry to say that we bought a new Samsung Freezer in 2022 and like all on here it has self defrosted twice, once whilst we were home and again last week whilst we were away on holiday. This last time all our food has had to be binned and now my battle will start to get the freezer collected and my money back. Like all the motherboard was replaced on the first visit and am dreading dealing with Samsung customer support, last time we were on the phone over 12hrs.

0 Likes
Kyle Lynn
First Poster
Options
0 Likes