Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG FREEZER RZ32M7120WW Complete defrost, all food wasted.

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 04:19 PM)
Petra17
Student
Options

This freezer was only two months old when it defrosted automatically without warning and any outward indication that it was doing so.  I opened the door to find all the contents completely thawed and water dripping from the shelves. Days  later it did start to freeze again but contents could not be used as they had obviously be thawed for several days and were beginning to smell.  An engineer replaced control units but I am reluctant to refill it until I know how to set up some indication that a defrost is taking place.  I have lost more than £200 worth of meat and fish and Samsung are ignoring my request for compensation, even though this fault is well known.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @Petra17. Have you spoken directly to our Support Team on 0333 000 0333 regarding this?

0 Likes
Petra17
Student
Options

I have called your support team on 22-07-20, 30-7-20, and three more times today, spoken to Clark and David and then been cut off after listening to several minutes of options each time. I have filled in an online form I was sent on 30- 07 20. No one seems able to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Pog66
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue - not what I expect for a freezer less than 1 year old - raised a call but the earliest they can get someone out is over a week away.

Louise97
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same with my freezer.. 3 times in 12 months.. 2 times engineer came to fix it … within 2 days broke down  again .. shocking customer service . It’s not what you expect with a £500 freezer only 2 years old .

0 Likes
Woodywoody1
First Poster
Options

freezer just defrosted and top section not freezing. Only 2 months old. Not what you expect and £100’s food wasted. Helpdesk is poor. Can someone help!!!

0 Likes
Pog66
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem - with me it was a faulty compressor. Get Samsung to send out an engineer as they can diagnose & potentially fix quickly . In the mean time , try turning the freezer off & on again regularly (say 2x a day) as the engineer told me that helps the compressor reset

0 Likes
mikcourtney
First Poster
Options

I am so so glad this is just not me, mine has gone again - twice in less than a year and again no engineer until next week, who will come and then need a part and that will require another wait and visit. It really is not acceptable given the cost of this unit, and I saved for this one as I've a large household. I really want it gone and a full refund, I'm so unhappy with Samsung right now.

Pog66
Apprentice
Options

just happened again for me - the second time just 3 months after the repair.

0 Likes
FingaTipZ
Apprentice
Options

Hi Samsung fellow Freezer RZ32M7120SA consumers! - my current upright large freezer appliance is less than 9 months old. Originally purchased a new from Curry's business during July 2020 within 6 months that one failed to freeze and over a 3 day period following online chats, 'try this' troubleshooting instructions, it continued to randomly defrost. Samsung support, not interested as COVID hit and we were left to manage the defrosting in error failed appliance. Curry's business (very helpful) initiated a repair from Samsung engineers who arrived to fit a new motherboard, which worked for a few weeks, then it failed again. Curry's provided uplift claim and  replaced with new identical appliance which was installed Dec 2020 Samsung not interested in any claim for food loss. Sadly lost all faith in SAMSUNG and their promised 5 year warranty support parts & labour ! 

AND today, here we are again, same problem, freezer wont freeze, dripping food items, faulty engineering, frost-free does mean I need wet and unfrozen foods randomly!

So 2 x brand new identical Samsung freezers since July 2020 both failed within 16months only purchased as they had a 5yr warranty for parts and labour included. Unfortunately  - SAMSUNG has failed to support and provide satisfactory repair and replacement solutions problems continue with this model.

From this stream and feed it appears we have all had the same issue lost foods, no engineers to identify this intermittent defrost error in the programming and model thermostat. Samsung Support does not work 

CEO complaint In hand

NO iceNO icerandom defrost dripsrandom defrost dripsWont freezeWont freezeLost foodsLost foodsMelted ice cream and meatMelted ice cream and meatWasted and won't freezeWasted and won't freezeFan and vent clear (on/off) reset test failedFan and vent clear (on/off) reset test failed2nd replacement since July 20202nd replacement since July 2020

0 Likes