Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Family Hub

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 07:50 PM)
JoMama
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

I've had my family hub a few months now and really like the fridge, however, can anyone help answer a few questions on the apps?

1) I'm sure when I first got the fridge, the Whisk app was on it, but now appears to be gone and can't find anything about it - am I going mad or has it just disappeared?

2) Has anyone managed to get the Tesco app to work? I can't get it to sign in and it hasn't worked since we got the fridge

3) Is the software different across the different fridge models (e.g. the 2 door and 4 door versions) or is it all the same?

Thanks in advice for any help - hoping the Software improves over time but can't find much online about future updates

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options
@JoMama: Please can you confirm the full model number of your fridge? In the meantime, on the Family Hub, please go to Settings > About Device > Update, to see if any updates are available. Similarly, for the Tesco app, can you check to see if there is an arrow on the app thumbnail to signify that an update is available?
JoMama
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the response,

The model number is RS68N8941B1/EU and when I go to the "About" section in settings it says I'm on the latest software.

All apps also appear to be up to date.

Thanks

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Thank you, @JoMama. Do you have the Family Hub app installed on a Smartphone, and is it connected to the same network? Also, do you have a Samsung account registered to the fridge, as if not this will affectto your ability to access some apps and features? On the Family Hub, if you go to Settings > Security, are there any restrictions in place on certain apps?
0 Likes
JoMama
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Yes I have the app installed and can use it to view inside the fridge etc. And have a samsung account along with a couple of different profiles set up.

I've had a look in Security and there are no restrictions enabled.

I've tried restarting the fridge a few times and deleting and reinstalling the Tesco app but doesn't change anything. 

I'm sure I seen the Whisk app on the fridge and also on the family hub app when we first got the fridge so has that been removed or should it be there and it's just not on mine?

Thanks

0 Likes
KritikaJatin
Student
Options

Youtube video is not playing on my New Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator RF9780.

Internet is working Youtube is opening but Video is not paying.

Software is also updated.

Internet speed is also 54 mbps download, 61 mbps upload.

But Youtube video is not playing.

RCM1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue.  The app doesn't allow me to sign in using my Tesco Log-in, I just get sent back to the App homepage.  It's clearly an issue with the Tesco app not functioning properly.  I've also followed the steps that you have and had no luck.  Did you find a solution in the end?

Thanks

0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

HI,

This is being looked into between tesco and samsung atm.

Thanks

Paul

JoMama
Apprentice
Options

No still no joy with this at all - the apps are pretty disappointing for such an expensive piece of kit and looks like Samsung have given up on solutions. 
I'm sure there used to be a Whisk app that seems to have disappeared and the shopping lists are pretty useless without integration. 

0 Likes
KishanNC
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same problem, although some videos Do play.  I assume this might be due to content restrictions.  

0 Likes