Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Family Hub screen defect Samsung won’t fix

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 09:01 PM)
DebGarcia
First Poster
Options

I just bought a brand new fridge 2-3 weeks ago and of course I didn’t realize then that the screen has a defect IN the screen . Technician came out and he agreed it was IN the screen not ON like a crack or a scratch would be. When he spoke to the engineer on the phone he denied the request to get the defect fix . This is not my doing and this is a brand new house with no kids so there’s no way my husband or I could’ve done that especially when we just built this house and everything we are buying is new and we take care of our things . This is my first time ever dealing with Samsung and Its pretty upsetting because I still have 6 more appliances arriving in a month that I bought from Samsung . So I’m spending thousands of dollars and Samsung won’t even fix al the family hub screen defect 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @DebGarcia. Were you given a reason from the engineer as to why they were not able to fix the faulty screen?

0 Likes
DebGarcia
First Poster
Options

The engineer over a 5 second video call with the tech marked it as physical damage even though the defect is inside the screen . There’s nothing on the outside of the screen where one can say oh yeah I hit it . It doesn’t even look like a crack it looks like a rubber or hair inside the screen . After the tech left I called customer service and the rep told Samsung only cover mechanical issues that the screen is not mechanical so overall amazing wasted 5 hours of my time with sending a tech out here and being on the phone trying to resolve this problem when at the end I’m told Samsung only covers mechanical. This is my first time buying any major appliance / Samsung product . And it’s upsetting the way this situation was handled 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could we ask when and where you bought the Fridge Freezer, @DebGarcia? Have you spoken directly to the retailer?

0 Likes
DebGarcia
First Poster
Options

I got the product in the house on July 9 around there from Best Buy . Best Buy is saying that I needed to speak to Samsung not them  . I was supposed to receive a call from Samsung Management on Friday at 11 am EST but I never received the call either 

0 Likes