Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung f/freezer missing rear ventilation grille

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 06:22 PM)
Heehog
Explorer
Options

Hi, can anyone confirm please? 

Does your Samsung fridge/freezer have a full top-to-bottom covering at the rear?  Ours was delivered with the lower rear ventilation grille missing, leaving a large approx 10" high gaping hole at the lower rear, exposing the compressor(?) and bits of cable/pipework.  See picture.  Missing lower grille.jpg

The pictures  of our model on Samsung's website show this grille in place, but Samsung UK help desk staff insist that it's safe to use without and that this grille is not provided in the UK, despite their website pictures.  

I'm not convinced, so I was hoping to hear from others whether their story holds water. 

Is it truly safe to use like this?  I've noticed that small pipe on the right hand side can get VERY hot.  

Model is RB34T602ESA/EU, but we now regret buying a Samsung as we're concerned about the fire risk.  If their website shows a covering grille in place,  it must be there for a reason. 

Impossible to speak to our retailer Currys, as they've auto-diverted their phones direct to Samsung's help desk, but that's a separate issue.

Does anyone else's fridge/freezer look like this? 

Advice appreciated, thank you.  

76 REPLIES 76
jaydee5
Explorer
Options

Hi FlossyT do you know how much the 'Test' model discount is? I accepted AO.com's 'goodwill gesture' on the understanding that this was not accepting the product as it is, only for the inconvenience to myself so far! Hours of time wasted on the phone, being put through to numerous incorrect departments etc. They advised to make a formal complaint on the e-mail I gave above.  I agree, this should now be offered as a test model as we certainly have been tested!  

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Its usually £150 cashback or it may have increased by now. I know its an offer very few refuse so it has to be generous. AGREED!! Personally I love discounts but I wouldn't have set out to buy an untested model which needed testing by the public, especially as we were offered no such gesture from the manufacturers, even after all this mess.

I'm not happy to accept the £40 & haven't yet because as far as Argos are concerned that will be case closed.

I'm glad you had the forethought to accept with the understanding you're not accepting the product 'as it is' I also feel the same. We just want the grille cover & a reasonable explanation regarding them removing it after we paid for it.

All the spilled & daubed white paint in my F/F looks like they removed the grille in a hurry, daubed white paint on, spilling in the process, & slapped a half on half off circular piece of foil over a tube leaving me not knowing if it should have the half on side also removed OR the half off side put on so the tube like hole is covered. Very sloppy indeed.

We certainly have, & still are being tested jaydee. 😕

ilnara333
Apprentice
Options

I've had the fridge for four months now, the noise is precisely the same as the day we got it. Samsung will fob you off telling you it'll relax however in reality this is how it is here. I've learnt to live with it now however I'll by no means buy another Samsung refrigerator freezer.

Heehog
Explorer
Options

My personal concern is more the safety of operating the appliance without this grille in place, rather than the slightly elevated noise output.  

STILL waiting for an authoritative statement from Samsung about the safety aspect.   

I agree with you about buying further products from them.  

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

For some reason your 'here' to listen to your appliance ilnara takes me out of samsung & to some compressor sales page?

Yout appliance shouldn't be so noisy regardless of the missing grille. Mine is not. Mine is louder when the freezer is firing up due to more product being added or the door being opened for a while when I'm rearranging goods. However it should be hardly discernible otherwise in daytime. During a late night early hours I can hear my kitchen clock ticking, I do tend to notice the fridgefreezer more at those small hours. Other than that my newish worcester boiler completely drowns out all sounds as it low sounds in winter heating.?

What is the resting sound like when all foods are settled? Because you want to make sure your appliance isn't faulty.

If you believe it's still too noisy start a repair & let an engineer assess.

If you feel he won't be bias, I will put a video on of my appliance at rest with my boiler off.

0 Likes
Heehog
Explorer
Options

Since Samsung UK continues to advertise pictures of this appliance with the ventilation grille in place - despite the promise above on 3/12/20 to amend their website - this constitutes false advertising, so I have today reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority.  

Members_zrFj4Qb
Journeyman
Options

I just received the same model fridge and the panel is missing also - along with the other issues of white paint on copper wires and a silver foil circle which has fallen off from somewhere. The noise from the fridge is crazy. Bought it as Samsung say it is 35db but this is measured at 43db at times. Unbelievable blatant lying from Samsung. I really like their products but feel cheated by this fridge. I bought it on the basis of loads of very positive online reviews...most of which I now see are incentivised and therefore not viable. Poor show from Samsung.

Heehog
Explorer
Options

Another duped by Samsung's false advertising. 

Let's see if the ASA has any teeth.  

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

I noticed this also & wondered if they were now leaving it on. Apparently, they're not. Yet another upset customer with the missing panel, daubed white paint & a foil circle which we're unsure whether should be on or off. The people with sound issues are a worry because mine is mostly silent unles it 'fires up'. Even then it\s not loud by any means. Mine is pushed into a nich which surrounds the whole freezer part until it comes to counter level, then it's not enclosed. Makes me wonder if this is why mine is quieter. 

**Regarding quietness - I did notice more noise one day last week after I'd pushed the single glass shelf in the freezer right to the back. Once I pulled it forward again the noise stopped.

So wondering if the freezer shelf touching the back or set right to the back causes a vibration?

0 Likes
FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Please see my last message & see if pulling the shelves slightly forward decreases the sound level. Good luck as without the panel mine is very quiet still. In fact, it's silent most of the time. I tried to record it at night & when the sound comes on but it was so quiet it was hard to discern. So if pulling she;ves slightly forward doesn't help... Something isn't right I believe.

0 Likes