Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung f/freezer missing rear ventilation grille

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 08:53 PM)
Heehog
Explorer
Options

Hi, can anyone confirm please? 

Does your Samsung fridge/freezer have a full top-to-bottom covering at the rear?  Ours was delivered with the lower rear ventilation grille missing, leaving a large approx 10" high gaping hole at the lower rear, exposing the compressor(?) and bits of cable/pipework.  See picture.  Missing lower grille.jpg

The pictures  of our model on Samsung's website show this grille in place, but Samsung UK help desk staff insist that it's safe to use without and that this grille is not provided in the UK, despite their website pictures.  

I'm not convinced, so I was hoping to hear from others whether their story holds water. 

Is it truly safe to use like this?  I've noticed that small pipe on the right hand side can get VERY hot.  

Model is RB34T602ESA/EU, but we now regret buying a Samsung as we're concerned about the fire risk.  If their website shows a covering grille in place,  it must be there for a reason. 

Impossible to speak to our retailer Currys, as they've auto-diverted their phones direct to Samsung's help desk, but that's a separate issue.

Does anyone else's fridge/freezer look like this? 

Advice appreciated, thank you.  

76 REPLIES 76
FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

argos have changed their photo for these models without a grille now jaydee see here ->   https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8463924 

Naughty isn't it  😞 

we deserve compensation for the misleading images AND written word on the products we purchased.

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Exactly Heehog! They're changing all the images now I have the screenshots though.

see argos are showing the plate removed.There store admits mine should have the cover in place.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8463924

They're forcing me to leave feedback condemning the item & also their treatment of paying customers......

Heehog
Explorer
Options

Thanks Flossy, that Argos link was helpful.  Argos is now picturing my model without the ventilated cover, whereas Currys CEO Support Team have confirmed in writing that Samsung tell them it should come with the cover. 

It's odd that Argos told you only a few days ago that there should be a cover, yet today they're selling it without. 

This is crying out for a statement from Samsung to clarify.  

jaydee5
Explorer
Options

Hi Heehog & Flossy T, I have just come off the phone to AO.com who have been liaising with Samsung.  This has now been passed to Samsungs product analysts who are now in the process of changing illustrations on their website.  No-one can get to the crux of the situation.  They do not know why this (& others) do not come without the grille, all they know is that it doesn't & shouldn't!  AO has assured me it is safe to use (as advised by Samsung) I have requested that Samsung send me assurance via e-mail, if they are not prepared to do this then AO have said they will.  Apparently, none of their fridges come with the lower grille?? They not only need to change their website, the info is incorrect in the manual that accompanies the appliance.  OK, so here is where I am - the lady at AO has said that none of their featured fridges come with a fully enclosed back, which I was aware of whilst researching to purchase(hence me purchasing Samsung model) AO have offered me a goodwill gesture for all the inconvenience caused & I have accepted.   However, this has no bearing on pursuing this matter with Samsung.  They have given me an e-mail address to make a formal complaint uk.help@samsung.com & a contact no. 0330 7261010.  

0 Likes
jaydee5
Explorer
Options

Heehog & FlossyT I put a reply & it has now disappeared - awaiting editing from a moderator

0 Likes
jaydee5
Explorer
Options

Hi Heehog & FlossyT putting my comment again - After speaking with AO.com earlier today & still unable to get to the crux of the situation, Samsung again have advised that the Fridge/Freezer should not come with the lower grille - they have given no explanation, it just doesn't.  Apparently according to AO.com none of their F/F's do? They have assured AO that it is safe to use & I have requested that they e-mail myself to confirm this in writing.  Their product analyst's are looking to change the illustrations on Samsung website.  AO.com as a supplier cannot offer any make of F/F with a full enclosed back. They have offered a goodwill gesture for my 'inconvenience' which I have accepted.  However, this does not affect pursuing Samsung in making a formal complaint & hopefully reaching a satisfactory resolution. AO have given me an e-mail (you may well already be aware of it - uk.help@samsung.com   & a contact no. 0330 7261010

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

We're aware that it's not got a grille on but they're selling it with one on & we're entitled to know the reason it's now not on. Was it dangerous in situ? & is it ok now? These are not just throw away questions & whims .. our lives being risked are not for them to mess around with & by not explaining they lead us to believe something is being kept hidden because the truth would worry us. I sincerely hope no fires are caused by these altered units because I''ll be the first to shout if it happens.

as for AO & no F/F with back plates or grilles...

As I mentioned earlier AO. com have at least one type of F/F with a back plate shown The HAIER

A3FE635CGJE

https://ao.com/product/a3fe635cgje-haier-fridge-freezer-silver-48439-28.aspx

https://ao.com/product/a3fe635cgje-haier-fridge-freezer-silver-48439-28.aspx 

I also have a screenshot of it shown in their page. The model is very similar inside to the Samsung.

I actually trapped my finger in the door today & pulled it quick I tested closing the door to see how the heck that happened, I'm not careless as a rule. As I closed the slowly the upper top door hinge now makes a grinding sound I don't hear when it's closed quickly.

My old F/F also had the top of the door & gasket surround protected by the top cover lip whereas it's completely exposed in the samsung. I'm already cleaning particles out of the rubber folds so that's another disappointment as far as being well built & designed is concerned.

IMG_8873.JPG

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Exactly Heehog! Argos, as I say, have offered me to choose another item at no extra charge. So I can't fault them. There own technician tells them it should be complete with grille but clearly they've been told to change the image. 

They have yet to change it on their own website & the exact same model I purchased is still clearly shown with the plate on all advertising pages. Even in the compare items list it states 'Clean metal back' with a depicting image.

As you so rightly say..This is crying out for a statement from Samsung to clarify.  

First image states clean metal back

second image shows the grille still in place, so how is it not meant to 'come without when & not as it is shown'. There's no asterisk stating some models come without the lower grille. 

STATES 'CLEAN METAL BACK'STATES 'CLEAN METAL BACK'SHOWS COMPLETE WITH GRILLE WEEKS AFTER PURCHASESHOWS COMPLETE WITH GRILLE WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE

jaydee5
Explorer
Options

Thanks FlossyT, I did see those, I don't like the design of the drawers.  My fridge door is making a noise too when closing slowly, we believe it's the seal.  I am continuing to pursue this matter with Samsung, as previously mentioned, they have misrepresented their products & the appliance purchased was not the one I received.  I require written assurance from Samsung that the F/F is 100% safe to use.  This purchase will become an inconvenience, due to having to remove dogs hair that has already accumulated in the open area & I require a satisfactory resolution from them. Good luck all, will update on any further events 

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

I completely mirror your post jaydee! apart from my issue is feathers down feathers are shed daily. I used to get s scorch smell from my old exposed motor service & purchased this precisely to avoid the issue.

Argos have offered me £40 discount if I decide to keep this which I haven't accepted at this time. It doesn't equate to all the stress & more importantly all the inconvenience & hardship trying to lug this F/F out of its space. I can't stop it bashing the sides as I try to tug it out. Argos are trying to help as best they can. However they do still have errors on the order page even though they've altered the image to show the item minus grille now. They still advertise as Antibacterial protection plus adjustable shelves. Neither are options in reality & I explained that to help them. Many buyers are disappointed with the shelves not being adjustable as shown in feedback. So I have been fair to them helping them avoid more disappointed customer issues.

I think we three should be given the test model discount too if we do keep these, because we have yet to know how they will fair after so much pulling & pushing to clean the motor they claim needs a twice a year vacuum & wipe down.HUH.

I'm very happy I've at least had your suppor & assistance through this jaydee & Heehog. I too will keep you updated.....