Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 18-05-2017 06:59 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
MatsN
Explorer
Options

When i talked to samsung in sweden about my evobubble they told me it is only 2 years warranty with this problem. If i understood it right so 5 years warranty is for engine, motor only and not for this problem we all experience.

0 Likes
Laur28
Journeyman
Options

Oh wow, just came across this thread after posting on a few others with the same issues. It is clearly a problem and Samsung are obviously trying to bury under the carpet. Shame on you Samsung. 

I've just has the hose replaced on mine as there was a slight kink, but clearly wasn't the issue as it's still doing this. 

I paid a lot for this machine hoping I would at least get to 5 years before things started going wrong, 3 years isn't acceptable, instead being offered 25% off a new machine for my "loyalty." I'm afraid Samsung that you are loosing a loyal customer, no more TV's, fridges or washing machines in my house will be Samsung! 

0 Likes
Moo1969
Journeyman
Options

It obviously is a common problem which is disgusting tbh!  I took ages doing my research before buying my machine.  I had my previous indesit for 18 years and it was doing 3/4 washes every week.  I bought my Ecobubble 6 years ago and it has only done a maximum of 1 wash a week, sometimes I only do 1 wash a fortnight as my children have left home and now it keeps doing the same, it started just on the ecosense cycle and worked okay on the dark cycle, now it is doing it on every cycle.  Someone has told me it could be the motherboard and it won't be worth repairing it.  The machine cost me £550 and has not even done 300 washes!!! What the hell 😞 

0 Likes
Moo1969
Journeyman
Options

Hi could you tell me how much it cost to have the motherboard changed as my machine was £550, has not even done 300 washes and someone has told me that if motherboard - it's not worth repairing 😞 

0 Likes
cinch
Journeyman
Options

I had this problem but I discovered that it was caused by a faulty wall socket, which was getting very hot. I think that,  if the electricity supply is is interrupted, the machine stops. I replaced the socket and it's fine now.

0 Likes
Seany999
Journeyman
Options

I changed the motherboard my self following a you tube video, it was a really easy fix….

0 Likes
Moo1969
Journeyman
Options

You don't wanna change mine do you lol.  I'm a technophobe.  Was the motherboard expensive Seany and had all the solder cracked? 

0 Likes
Moo1969
Journeyman
Options

When you changed the motherboard, did you then have to re programme anything please? Or did you just unplug the old and plug in the new board? 

0 Likes
krodgerson
First Poster
Options

R

The same problem here.  It is really unacceptable that a know fault has not been addressed.  I have asked for assistance and all they would offer is a 25% discount on a new one.  If they had repaired it or sent out a new mother board I would have praised them .  Instead of that I will publicise their faults as much as possible and will never buy a Samsung appliance again. 

MatsN
Explorer
Options

Well, the thing here is that we would not have to change the motherboards ourselfs. This should be a warranty/repair thing that samsung should offer all of us for a production fault that is not our fault or problem. Stay out of washingmachines you have to repair yourself due to construction errors!